Spring babies club (due March/Apr/May 2012)

Hi everyone!

Hope you all are doing well. And congratulations to all the new deliveries!!

Well, it's raining men...

Our little fella, Charlie, was born on 7 March weighing in at 8 lb. 9 oz. He's been an angel - thank goodness as we were in the hospital a bit longer than expected. Home yesterday which was a nice Mother's Day treat.

Look forward to seeing you all soon. And all the best to the new babies and those upcoming!

Nicole

xx

Wow huge congrats Nicole, Jenny, Catherine and Emma. Can't wait to introduce Sam to all the other new babies.

Looking forward to seeing some of you tomorrow at the plough, is it deffo open at 11, just as I know some of the pubs don't open till 12. Will have a check now.

Jenny

Well done for checking didn't even think to do that with my pregnant baby brain!! Dulwich park cafe sounds like a good option if weather is looking good- so shall we keep with 11 and meet at new venue? X

Congratulations Nicole and welcome Charlie...another boy!!

I'm easy re tomorrow meet up, can do Dulwich park cafe but a bit worried we may have some peeps turning up to plough... A repeat if two factions like the Actress?!? We could just head to plough for 12? I don't know which is best??

oh dear...where are we going? unfortunately those that don't read this and go to the plough for 11 will just encounter a locked pub and go home. so i'm going to head to the dulwich park cafe as the weather is nice and hopefully a few ladies will make it! xx

Oh cr@p bad organisation from me, sorry people :-( Will head to Dulwich park but first will do a drive by at the plough and round up any ladies who head there, will also see if I can leave a note on the dooor. Hopefully we'll all manage to meet up together! X x

Cool - will head to Dulwich park cafe for around 11am. A note on the pub door sounds like a good idea Nikki.

Caroline - sorry to hear your little one had a bad night.... if he's been sick a lot it could be reflux but I recall that cholic mostly develops a little later if it comes. It could also be wind..a very common problemo... I had a bit of a struggle with this on my first, she seemed to be in lots of pain and cried a lot and it ended up being wind that i wasn't getting out of her very well. It does take ages to get the knack of winding properly and its worth trying lots of difernet positions and can take quite a while after a feed, particualrly if he's a gulper and taken in a good bit of air in the process. Often worth stopping half way through a feed to wind then go back in for seconds, thereby avoiding a big windy build up. Anyway, just a thought. Hope he gets better x

Congratulations Jenny and Nicole... I love hearing all the happy outcomes...

I was hoping to make it today but I am still waiting for the home birth midwife team to come to my house (they were due to arrive around 10) lets hope they are on time on the actual day!!

Are we doing a meet up next Tuesday too as I'd love to come to that one

Hope everyone is well,

Lucy xxx

Hi Spring babies club,

I am having my 2nd little boy in the next week or so - due date March 30th. We are in the process of buying a house in ED so will be hopefully moving June/July to the area from Walthamstow. Hope to meet mums from this group as we settle in to our new home once all house stuff has gone through - fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Sally

Hey Caroline - yes you're right, its a steep learning curve... I likened it to learning a foreign lanuage with no text book or teacher.. or knowing what the lanuage actually was! I'm still no where near fluent!

Lucy - hope they turned up eventually.... yep think we're going to meet next Tuesday, location to be dedicided on Monday when we know what the weather is doing.. if nice then a park probably. We went to Dulwich park today which was lovely as sun was shining - good to see everyone... working from hme is sooo taxing ;-)

Hi ladies

Sad to miss yesterday but will deffo come along next week. Newborn days are much easier than ones with the toddler in tow, my word!

Think I posted before but if any of you are interested in doing Pilates recovery classes check out jelly belly http://www.jellybellypt.com

I m starting the c sec course next tues afternoon and there are spaces and they are also doing a course for normal deliveries.

I did it first time around and kellie is amazing, it defiantly speeded up my recovery.

Jenny xx

Thanks for the link Jenny. I'll definitely be keen to sign up for the c section class as soon as I can. It's only been a week, so still too soon, but it's nice to think there is something I can do to shift the still rather large tummy! Emma x

Hi Ladies,

I had to have a check up at the hospital and stayed there for 5 hours last tuesday, one midwife to see lots of woman anyway hope I can make it next week tuesday.

Thanks Jenny for the tip I will definitely sign up for the Pilates C-section. Do you know when usually are you able to join the exercise after c-section?

Emmy

x

Exciting news! Our little boy, Sam, arrived on Saturday (2 weeks early). Tim and I have never been early for anything so he came as a bit of a surprise.

I was reluctant to go into hospital thinking i wasn't progressing but we went in at 1pm. He arrived at 16:43 into a birthing pool a very happy chap and we were home that evening by 10pm.

Breastfeeding is proving more tricky....

Little Sam can't wait to meet you all xx

Hello All,

I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in another weekend morning meet up in April (am still working so cant make the Tuesday sessions for a little while unfortunately).

Might the 14th of April suit? 10am Franklins?

PM me, or reply to all if you'd like to come, or let me know if we need a better date/time/location..

Congrats to all the new mothers, and hope the rest of you are hanging in there...

xxx

V