Spring babies club (due March/Apr/May 2012)

Hoping to make it for crumpets as well.

Elizabeth, loved your story - hope you enjoyed the park anyway. Apparently you aren't the only one with baby brain today. I've just cooked possibly my worst meal ever (and my husband would tell you that's quite a feat) after using a whole jar of stir fry paste instead of the two teaspoons I realise with hindsight I should of used.

Jenny, sorry to hear the spd has hit again. Get well soon.

Jenny x

Ladies,

Thank you for your kind responses to my tale of woe!

Bertie & I are going to try our Damndest to make it to the Crooked Well for crumpets tomorrow, so we look forward to seeing some of you there. (That is, f we don't accidentally end up at the Brockwell Lido instead.)

XX from Elisabeth

Going to brave it and bring both boys to the crooked well this morning, be warned Ollie will not be as well behaved as Iris was yesterday!! :-)

Also if driving does anyone know where to park??x x

Hello everyone, haven't been on here for a while as been on holiday. Is anyone doing the power pramming on Peckham rye? I e mailed the lady that does it (liz I think) and haven't heard back. I am really keen to do it. Also is there a meet up this Tuesday? I have maggies 8 week injection and weigh in at 2 so it would be great to meet up before that.

Hope you are all well is the crooked well meet up every Friday as that's only down the road from me...

Hope all mums and baby's are well and getting to enjoy the sun while you can,

Lucy xxx

Lovely to see so many of you this morning. And welcome to baby bertie! He is gorgeous! This was my third time, think its a lovely group!

We are off to sweden (eeeks first flight for baby) but look forward to powerpramming, cinema, and vino on our return!

Oh how i love maternity leave! Swapping lunch in the park for a hot day in the office anyone?

Intend to enjoy it whilst it lasts:)

C x

We've done the Peckham baby cinema and highly recommend it. Hopefully Max will let me see the end next time rather than demanding a nappy change. A couple of tips - you have to leave your buggy just outside the theatre so best not to turn up with the bottom tray loaded with stuff. And it didn't sound like the volume was turned down much, so don't make your first visit a loud action film.

Lucy, I'm the same with not hearing back about Power Pramming. I think I'll turn up and take my chances.

No back scooting here - sounds v cute.

Jo

Me and Sam will be there at the cinema, looking forward to it! Loved the crumpets this morning too, as did Ollie, although don't think I'll walk up dog Kennel hill again with the double buggy!! x x

I've popped max into nursery everyday next week to give my back a break. Providing the Physio can work some magic this weekend, I'm keen to join lots of newborn things next week, although sadly powerpramming out of the question.

Xx

Okay I think I'll turn up on Monday at 12.30 for Power pramming and see if she turns up. If not I am sure a few of us can go for a walk and coffee! I wish I could come to the cinema but I have just signed up for mum and baby Pilates, it could be great or Maggie could decide its not for her! :)

Have a great weekend everyone and see some of you on Monday..

Lucy

I also emailed Liz before I went last time and didn't hear back, so I ended up phoning and speaking to her and I then later got an email from her!

I can't go this Monday, but basically if you turn up they meet outside the cafe (it's pretty obvious as its the group in sporty gear with prams!) and Liz is the one without a pram. It's ?6.50 and just turn up 5mins before if it's your first time as you need to fill out a quick form. I'd also take a mat/rug to lie on when doing lying down exercises, I didn't cos I did t know, but someone kindly let me share theirs.

Have fun!

Catherine x

Hi ladies

For those of you who I saw on Friday, bit of unfortunate news, Ollie has developed chicken pox :-( First spots came out yesterday meaning he was contagious from Thursday so obviously concerned about him having passed it to the babies. From what I can gather babies under 1 don't react badly to the infection as they still carry our immunity (if you've had it before) Sam is snuffly and off his food but no spots as of yet but he's pretty much guaranteed to get it.

So sorry if it has been passed on but he had no signs of it on Friday.

I shall be spending the week quarantined with two poorly babies, eek!!

Fingers crossed for no other spotty babies x x

Nikki - Bummer re pox...oh well at least you'll get it over and done with! Hopefully a week of solitary confinement won't drive you too mad. Shout if you need anything xx

p.s I still have your bag from the bottles - I'm breaking Dexter little by little...and I owe you lunch so once you're out of solitary I shall repay you!

I'm keen to take Max swimming, well really his dad is extremely impatient to, but have no idea where to go around here? Where do you suggest? And do we need any special gear! Thanks

I hope the spotty boys are doing okay Nikki!

We did Baby Swimming at Michael Tippett School in Herne Hill with my first baby when she was 6 months. The group is small, the pool is a lovely little heated pool and the instructir was good. Unfortunately our little girl despised swimming and we had to quit after she screamed her way through 3 lessons. Two years on and we have just come back from holiday in Mallorca where she refused to put more than a toe in the pool or ocean...she's obviously just not a water baby!

Details of the classes are here: http://www.babyswimming.co.uk/pools/hernehill.html

x

I'm currently doing baby swimming at Guy's hospital using Little Dippers, as are a few other Spring Babies. Amelie and I are both enjoying it. The pool is lovely and warm and the changing facilities are great. The classes book up really quickly but if you check their website frequently they are always adding new ones.

For our lessons amelie has to wear Huggies swim nappies (Boots and Sainsbury sell them) and then swim pants over the top (Little Dippers send you some if you are on their course).

Emma xx

We did the same as Rebecca at Michael Tippet for my eldest and really enjoyed it but do think all the courses are really expensive.

We've been taking Sam to the jelly baby sessions at Peckham pulse which has an amazing hydro pool which is massive and lots of big changing facilities and I think 3.50 a session but you need to get them a few days on advance as they do sell out.