Spring babies club (due March/Apr/May 2012)

welcome Pinkhalf and lucyclarke2001.

I think this is the up to date group list (21 of us!):

Lochie ? Rosie ? 29th Feb (2nd)

kat76 - Kat ? 29th Feb (3rd)

pinkhalf - last week of Feb (1st)

rebeccaben ? Rebecca - first week of March (2nd)

cg ? Caroline - very early March (2nd)

kittysailing ? 4th March

Jenifire ? Jenny - 6th March (1st)

jj55 ? Jo ? 12th March (1st)

midivydale - Caroline - 12th March (1st)

Widdy 12th March (1st)

Countjc ? Jenny ? 12th March (2nd)

Nix13 - 12th March (1st)

pommie - 14th March (2nd)

Yellow99 ? Sophie - 17th March (1st)

jimnem - Emma ? 22nd March (1st)

parmaviolet end of March (2nd)

kassandra - early April (2nd)

SJK ? Sophie - 6th April (1st)

MrsC - Nikki - 14th April (2nd)

lucyclarke2001 - Lucy - 21st April

Lingonberry - 26th May (1st)

Those confirmed for the 3rd below - 15 now so I'll re confirm numbers next week as any more are very welcome:

Lochie ? Rosie

pinkhalf

rebeccaben ? Rebecca

cg ? Caroline

Jenifire

jj55 ? Jo

midivydale

Widdy

Countjc ? Jenny

Nix13

Yellow99 ? Sophie

jimnem - Emma

SJK ? Sophie

MrsC - Nikki

lucyclarke2001 - Lucy

thanks Jo. The group is getting quite big now!

I have got my 22 week scan tomorrow so fingers crossed and I'll post to update on gender so maybe we can start adding that to the list for those that are going to find out.

Am currently sat at desk at work weeping over the worst pregnancy heartburn ever UGH :-(

Hi Sanna

I'm due in May too - dates to be confirmed at my scan on 2nd November - so will be less vague then! I'm at the feeling rotten stage and it all a bit surreal but looking forward to being able to share and talk about it. This will be baby 2 for me so it all feels very different than with my little boy who is now two.

Happy to chat if you want!

Nicky

Hello everyone, I hope it is OK if I join you even though I live in West Dulwich (forum there seems really dead, East Dulwich is far more lively...)!

I am expecting my first in February, right now I am trying to figure out maternity leave dates. I moved here from the USA a year ago and it is very different here!

p.s. I just realized that apparently I can't do enough maths to figure out that 19 Feb isn't March/Apr/May, sorry ... should look at winter babies thread. I might come along on the 3rd anyway if you have room and will allow me to trespass!

Hi all

I am so pleased to have found this group. My first baby is due on the 6th April.

I found the first 14 weeks of my pregnancy pretty hard but am now feeling great, although i am having to keep my pregnancy a secret from work due to an upcoming promotion, which is now getting almost impossible and vey stressful!

I would love to meet you all on the 3rd and chat more. Thanks for organising!

See you then

Jess

Welcome Jess and Sasha:)

Jess, I was in the same boat as you, I didnt tell anyone at work until I was 20 weeks. It was hard- esp when the bump made an appearance almost overnight.

Looking forward to meeting you on the 3rd - or for those of you that cant make it on the next meet.

On the last meet up we were all trying to figure out where the "pregnant women" were as we didnt really have any bumps at that stage...Not sure about you ladies but for me- its rather more obvious this time around....

Hi Everyone,

I'm 12 /13 weeks pregnant and just had my scan last week and it's twins!! It was a bit scary in the first moment but getting used with the idea of two babies. The last 8 weeks I have passed vomited and very lonely but

it looks like I'm getting better so it will be lovely to meet others mothers and mum to be :)

My babies are due on 7th may 2012.

Emmy

We're up to 26 in the group and now we have some twins! Brilliant.

I've booked an area for 15 for this Thurs - if I've kept up we're up to 18/19. I'll confirm numbers with Green and Blue tomorrow so let me if I've missed you off the list or if you can no longer come.

List for Thurs:

Rosie (Lochie) (maybe coming)

pinkhalf

Rebecca (rebeccaben)

Caroline (cg)

Jenny (Jenifire)

Jo (jj55)

Caroline (midivydale)

Widdy

Jenny (Countjc)

Nix13

Sophie (Yellow99)

Sarah (SarahCatherine)

Emma (jimnem)

Sinead (AWPP)

Sophie (SJK)

Jess (jessrm)

Nikki (MrsC)

Lucy (lucyclarke2001)

Emmy (emmylondon)

Thanks Jo

p.s. Hope the heartburn has eased Rosie!

Hi Emmy it's good to have a twins mum on board!

I may not be able to make it on Thursday now as have been in hospital with a nasty virus, getting better though so I may pop in if up to it. Got to experience William galliat ward first hand. All I'll say it's very very busy!

Also had 22 week scan and my bump is girl bump in case jo adds genders to due dates over time

X

Twins! Yay!

Lochie - I hope you and bump are recovering well!

I know what you mean about the WG ward, I told my partner that I felt it was like spending 4 days on a liveshow of Jeremy Kyle;)

Having said that the medical care I received from consultants and midwives alike was amazing and I now feel strangely reassured about giving birth there - at least from a medical perspective....

Hello everyone,

I am due my first baby on 26th April and would love to come along - but can't do the 3rd, but only because I will be across the road at the Palmerston, so might pop in to say hello. However, this all seems great and I will follow the thread and look forward to meeting up soon.

I am going to the antenatal pilates at the E Dulwich Therapy rooms this Wednesday - perhaps see some of you there?

Congratulations everyone!

Best,

Bonnie

Hi Jo,

Just noticed your Spring babies club on forum and plans to meet up Thurs 3rd.

I am an Independent Midwife covering this area, and was wandering if I could possibly join you all at your planned meet up? I would be delighted to answer any burning questions about pregnancy etc, in return for me telling you all a little about the services and support I offer as an Independent Midwife (www.midwifecare.co.uk).

Just wandering what you thought?

Helen

Hi Helen - Thanks for your post. I'd be quite interested to hear what you have to say but, as we're all only just getting to know each other at the moment, I'd prefer to keep our meet-up social and a chance to make new friends over a lime and soda or dare I say it a small glass of wine. Others may have different views and I'm relaxed either way but I would suggest organising a separate session - I'm sure you'd have plenty of takers.

Everyone else - second scan today: boy, above average head size (gulp!)

Jenny

Hi all,

Helen - Many Thanks for finding us and posting. I am sure that there are plenty of us that would love to hear about your services so let us come up with a separate session as per Jenny's suggestion. I too, would prefer to have the 3rd as social get to know eachother session.

Jenny - How exciting with second scan and congrats on your boy!

I realise I come across as somewhat of a stalker of this thread with my every day posts - the shame!

See you all Thursday - hope you can make it Rosie!

Hi Helen

Thanks for your post. It's not my group, the forum administrator sets them up for expectant Mum's (due at a similar time) who want to meet other expectant Mum's in the same boat. I've joined for the same reasons Jenny has mentioned, the social side and that's definitely the plan for the 3rd - I confess, it's a bit of a break from antenatal appointments, scans and pregnancy classes.

I'm sure once we get to know each other and have had a few more meet ups many of the group will get in touch to ask you questions/organise a specific meeting - you might want to post about your services & support you offer on the main family forum section - it'll be seen by all expectant parents, not just this group.

Thanks

Jo

Hi Ladies

Still hoping to make this evening but like with my son when I had morning sickness until 22 weeks, at 17 weeks its still going strong :-(

If I eat enought carbs throughout the day it does help so currently stuffing my face and hoping for the best!

My day off is Tues for those who are around for play groups or coffee (tried Copelston Road playgroup this week and thought was really good for toddlers)

Really hope to make it later on

Nikkix

Nikki - glad I'm not the only one! I'm 21+ weeks and still being sick most mornings...although I've started to generally feel a lot better during the day than I was earlier on! I find eating is the only thing that helps too!

I'm still planning on making it this evening - so look forward to seeing those who are going later on.

Catherine