re

ChavWivaLawDegree

Thanks for the support guys, I knew this might come out, and was going to put a press release out about it, but bottled it because of my kids.

But someone phoned Green Party head office on Monday to inform them of my past, and when they said they knew and had no issues about it, the same person went to the Papers.

I know the person who did it, and she has a problem with me on a personal level, and it was that which motivated the expose. I am glad it was dealt with more as a factual thing than a hyped up hatchet job.

I can't change my past, and I am not expecting any sympathy because I made my own choices and had to deal with the fallout, but I can change my future.

Finding God, helped me get through a very dark period in my life and start the process of me beinga able to forgive the people who have hurt me and just as importantly to forgive myself. Although I am far from a model christian, He has informed my choices since and has helped me move towards becoming a better person.

I don't need anyone's approval because he knows my heart and motivations and I am happy that I have found a better way to exist.

Maximay Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You have obviously had no experience with the

> seedier sides of life then Keef, sorry, drug

> dealers are scum, the lowest form of low, what I

> find hard is that a woman who is a mother with

> kids of her own can do this to other people's

> kids. My opinion I am entitled to it.

Your local cafe dispenses Coffee, your local pub Alchohol, your local newsagent sells cigarettes - theyre all drugs Maxi, its just these are legal and heavily taxed

I would have thought you have more intelligence than to come out with an atagonistic statement like Drug Dealers are scum- youve had too much to think.

very few people grow up with the intention of working hard and running their own network of rancid junkies - selling skag / weed / whatever is a grim career choice, often based & driven on every other factor possible apart from logical choice. Few Deales get up in the morninga and rub their hands with glee about how many lives are going top be destroyed in the necxt 12 hour shift.

I think some of people need to hold fire a little here. I've just read this thread and it seems that Maximay is getting short shrift for what was an honest (and not particularly exceptional) opinion. Shouldn't forget that as much as some of us know CWALD, we didn't until a few months back and even if we've shared a few beers and laughs we don't really know her. We are affording her a great deal of leeway. From what I can tell very few poeple on here know Maximay, so it does come over rather like "we" are rushing to defend "our" chum. Doesn't sit well for a public forum.

I would like to wish CWALD the very best of luck in her campaign. I think people can change in their lives - it's what gives us hope each day surely - and I applaud Chav's example of this. I admit I don't like the mention of God coming into these things - nothing against it on an individual basis but it should be a personal and private thing and not have any bearing on politics (Mr Blair - are you listening?)

I would argue with Maurices suggestion that the article promotes the view that "those who have worked hard from early days and made better choices are somehow cookie cutter politicians we should disdain, while those who made poorer choices but turned it around at halftime should skyrocket into positions of power." I think there is a need for both ends of the spectrum to be represented in the political system - far too many people probably feel excluded from political life for the very reason that they haven't a blemish-free past; or the right education; etc ... I think the choice by the Green Party to have CWALD as a candidate says a lot about them as a party and their willingness to take a chance and have the best person stand for the post.

Maximay, you are indeed entitled to your opinion, this being a liberal and accepting society. It is unfortunate that you choose to abuse this through espousing a view that seems to reflect an inability to offer forgiveness and support to a fellow human being or indeed to accept the human power of personal redemption.

We support CWALD because we know her through the forum or through meeting her. Maximay you do not know CWALD and are in no position to voice any kind of opinion about her.

Your generalised observations are of no relevance and soil this forum.

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

> Maximay,

> Your generalised observations are of no relevance

> and soil this forum.

Woooah - that's a pretty tough statement you're making there Michael. I disagree with Maximay and her ways of expressing herself but I think she should be allowed to say what she thinks - I doubt many of the people CWALD is canvassing will have the delight of meeting her at a forum gathering and so Maximay is in a position to make up her mind as she wishes. Put yourself up for public office and effectively you enter into a popularity contest based on very little substance (such is modern day politics).

Maximay Wrote:

> You have obviously had no experience with the seedier sides of life then Keef

Heh heh heh, maybe, maybe not...

> what I find hard is that a woman who is a mother with kids of her own can do this to other people's kids.

Do we know if she was a mother at the time?

> My opinion I am entitled to it.

I totally agree, and as I said earlier, you obviously have some personal insight here, and are more than entitled to an opinion. I also agree with CitizenED, and don't want you to feel that it's us against you. All I would say is please don't be so final and unforgiving in your opinions.

Basically there are people out there who are just nasty, and there are people who have a bad run, but sort themselves out, please don't tar them all with the same brush, and try and give people a fair go.

I'm amazed at the extraordinary super-hero like powers on display here. The ability to read a bit of sleaze in the press and instantly sum up a person with such authority and without meeting or talking to them is surely a gift.

Amanda fucked up but none of us were in her shoes when she made her choices, so how can we judge? If you ever have the fortune to meet Amanda and whether or not you agree with her politics or religious views you would surely agree that she's an extraordinary human being for having turned her life around the way she has. She has more balls than most of the people here who hide behind their keyboards and considering the pain she's been through a fantastic sense of humour and humanity.

As far as smack heads go, most people know that an addict's emotional/psychological problems came before the drug which then becomes the crutch. Before blaming the dealers that supply a market, look closer to home.

I'm not sure if I'm bursting in here, I've kind of skim read this thread but it seems to be descending into the 'drugs bad' argument that we hear trotted out all the time.

OK, CWALD has had a dependency on heroin in the past, this caused her to make some bad decisions - drug trafficking and alleged prostitution.

Fair enough and she's dealt with it, done the crime and done the time. So what, she's risen above it and has learnt from the experience. This should not either detract from or add to her political ambitions.

The comment made earlier about how could a mother do that to someone else's children is rubbish and does not wash. Those sensibilities do not come into it, as LozzyLoz comments, we need to look closer to see why certain children descend into addiction.

As was pointed out earlier, alcohol is freely available and is just as destructive a drug as heroin or crack in the wrong situation.

Prohibition does not work, this has been proven time and time again.

EDIT: spelling

I'm all for those backing Chav and have given more than I thought I would. But am I wrong to think comparing alcohol to heorin or crack is a bit too far? Maybe I'm drug ignorant. But my limited understanding is that heorin and especially crack are in a different league.

Not really Maurice, you ask someone who has experience of living with an alcoholic. It is equally as destructive, just the addict may not descend into crime due to the ready availability of the drug.

It is drug ignorance to think there is a difference.

Just like it is possible to be a moderate user of alcohol, equally it is possible to be a moderate user of heroin.

Addiction is a different issue.

I can see both sides of the coin here (how understanding am I!). I think my admiration for CHAV is the fact that this is all above board as she is standing and not something that leaks out after or if she is voted in. She is (I think) strong enough to deal with her past and will expect to be slaughtered by some for it.

We all hate the spin and underhandedness of modern politics and this IMO makes for a refreshing change.

I personally wish her luck in what will be a bloody big struggle for her.

Maurice Wrote:

> Sort of agree. Truly refreshing would be to come

> out with it before cornered by a paper. Many a

> politician has plead guilt and redemption once

> cornered. But yes, an inspiring tale, now that

> it's been forced out.

An inspiring tale indeed - and actually, she did in fact post most of it on here a while ago (though she sensibly edited it a bit afterwards)

Max I May)))))seems to have judged slightly too harshly and slightly on the quick side, to be honest subject is pretty sore at the moment, the son I was talking about did in fact die due to heroin overdose and also quite recently so guess emotions running bit high and bit on the raw side, tried getting the dealer involved to face the music and involved the Police but unfortunately due to lack of evidence!!!! (he being faster to get rid of his stash than the Police finding it! more like),he has been able to carry on untouched! in my face and with me being helpless to do anything about it, he left behind two beautiful children,I am now getting threats and have been told until I actually get attacked the Police can't do anything as they cannot prove the threats come from him....Guess people can be reformed, and given a chance to redeem themselves, although for some it is too late already. Still don't like the clickiness of this forum though to be honest and if you don't agree or dare to criticise someone you get plastered and sworn at, I never use bad language, I hope everyone on this site is not like that or people will be afraid of voicing their own opinions[/size][/size]

Dear Maximay

That has made me cry and nothing I can think of to say. We are not condoning what Chav did, just admiring the fact that she has dealt with a lot of shit and come through it. This is not going to help you in the least and I am sorry if you feel that we have ganged up on you. We were just supporting someone who has turned a corner.

I truly hope you will give us a second chance. What we admire about Chav is her honesty and noone will gainsay you for being equally honest and raw.

lots of love

PGC