Brown bin collection - Council starting to charge?

peckman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What a lot of plastic must be wasted by supplying

> caddys and removing those brown bins ... wonder

> what happens to them eh ?

A very good question.

Yes a very good question. Southwark have always replaced any of the green/blue/brown bins that get damaged or go missing free of charge. Hopefully they will retain a supply of the unstickered brown bins so that they can still be given free of charge to subscribers who may need them in the future. Mind you, you would then have to wait for a replacement sticker so it might be prudent to keep a photocopy of it just in case.

You are probably right, but I have had my damaged blue and green bins replaced in the past with used bins, which was fine as perfectly good. They may now decide to charge for a spanking new brown one, if they do dispose/recycle all of the unstickered brown bins. Hopefully not but slippery slope and all that.

Lets focus purely on the envuronmental impact . The same trucks chugging around picking up big or small bins . Lorries picking up or delivering the brown bins .. and transporting those brown bins that arent wanted to gawd knows where

Paid for the Brown bin sticker and ordered an outside small Brown Food waste bin.

Stickers came and applied to Large brown Bin but still no Small Brown Food waste bin.

Will put Green compost food waste bags in large bin and hope they get collected tomorrow.

Have no other choice.

DulwichFox.

Sorry if this has already been covered but have lost the plot (and the will to live). I put out my old food waste bin last week but it wasn't collected. I'm assuming it should have been and I don't need to order a new food waste bin (ridiculous).

Am I right?

Thanks in advance to whoever takes pity and replies...

HP

PS DulwichFox -small brown bins were being delivered around Surrey Road today.

I have been in touch with Southwark. I told them that I have not received my food waste Bin.

I asked if I use the large brown bin will they take away the food waste and was told NO.

If I put it in the Brown bin it will be contaminated.

Ive been using this bin for food waste since day one.

I am now concerned that New Large bins are to be distributed as well as food waste bins

and I should of waited for that to arrive and put my sticker on the new bin.

What is going on ???

Foxy

ETA Was told I should call them back if I do not recieve by Food Waste Bin by Friday.