Attempted mugging and assault .Hansler Road. Thursday Jan 10th approx 8.15pm.

clare

Two older teenage girls followed two 13/14 year olds from the 176 bus at the stop by the co-op chemist on Lordship Lane tonight. They went along LL and up Hansler Road to a house opposite Dell Autos. They prevented the two younger girls from going into the house and threatened them with a shoe, being hit and demanded their phones.

The two younger girls saw a woman in a red and white coat nearby and asked for help. She started to come over,and one of the attackers thumped one of the younger girls full in the face twice before running off down to Lordship Lane.

The police came straight away and are taking this very seriously.

Did anyone see/hear anything???

Are you the Good Samaritan in the red coat who helped chase off these pathetic cowards ? (THANK YOU )

If you have any info please send me a pm. One of the victims was my daughter.

These 2 attackers had been causing trouble on the bus. Hopefully the CCTV was switched on.

Descripton- 1 black girl, medium height. 1 mixed race girl taller wearing dark blue track suit with pink stripes and a light blue comb in her hair.

We must look after each other round here.Please don't look the other way if you see children in trouble.Thank you.

I live on Hansler Road but unfortunately was in the middle of cooking a risotto at 8.15pm!

I will keep a look out for these girls - the sad thing is the phones will probably get them about ?10 so they are clearly doing this sort of thing just for kicks...

I'm really sorry to hear about this. Really frustrating this - I also live on Hansler Road and I came back from town on a 176 at taround the same time last night, and got off at the Co-op. I wish I could remember who got off the bus but I can't. Of course it may not have been the same one. Will certainly keep an eye out for these kids.

Sorry to hear Clare, will keep a look out.

It can be hard for passers by, the other week I was outside a pub in London Bridge / Bermondsey Street having a smoke, and some kids (late teens) were (it looked to me like) all about to give one lad a kicking.

I watched, and took my phone out, and as soon as they saw this, they all stopped, and the "victim" said "it's not serious man, why you calling babylon?". Once I'd stopped laughing, I did think how hard it is to tell, as they all turned to me quite aggressively, and had I not been outside a pub full of my mates, I probably would have felt a bit concerned for my safety.

That said, it is important that we look out for each other, and little scummers like this need to be stopped ASAP!

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I was attacked by girls of a similar age/description (not that there is a great deal of this) in October around the Grove Vale/Oglander area (at 8pm after a 176 journey). Police were also really helpful. I'm not trying to play Inspector Morse but i'd love to catch them. I guess it's unlikely that they are the same girls but i'd be happy to compare notes...

Feel free to PM me

Sounds like the same tow who tried to get my wife's phone last year.

One tried to knock the phone from her hand, so my wife instinctively swung around, with her brolly in hand, and caught her square on the face with it. She then ran off, and her freind offered to pick up the phone for my wife. I will not grace you with the reply ...but a docker would have blushed...

I hope the get them.

LostThePlot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sounds like the same tow who tried to get my

> wife's phone last year.

>

> One tried to knock the phone from her hand, so my

> wife instinctively swung around, with her brolly

> in hand, and caught her square on the face with

> it. She then ran off, and her freind offered to

> pick up the phone for my wife. I will not grace

> you with the reply ...but a docker would have

> blushed...

>

> I hope the get them.

Jeez - where did this happen - I'm quite careful about using my phone in the West End but feel free in ED - maybe no more.

You have the right to use reasonable force to protect yourself, others or your property against an attacker, so unlikely to get nicked for hitting a would-be robber round the face with a brolly. It's just something people like to winge about but in reality you would have to go over the top and seriously beat the crap out of someone trying to get away from you before you would get nicked.

I wouldn't be so sure. It's often these kind of people who do run to the old bill if they are given a slap or cry Police brutality when their nicked.Reasonable force is a very difficult thing to prove and so is self defence. If the mugger got their complaint in first with the Police you can then be arrested on suspicion of assault and you are immediately on the back foot.

never be honest with the police in a situation like this Im afraid - the forces of darkeness will use whatever they can to get everything in their favour - either say nothing or flatly deny any wrongdoing and cite vague witnesses - who can show up later if needed

remember that the coppers are not the Judge - they are blue collar administrators - they can only file reports based on what they are told / witness - the CPS decides on whether charges will be laid or not

many people get caught out in the " if I tell the truth, it will be OK " middle class mindset - this rarely works, as once you have committed a statement to paper, its the basis of any further action.

remember - they have to prove it beyond reasonable doubt to get aq conviction - the CPS wont press charges unelss it pretty clear cut in a minor ofence. a potential mgger with a broken nose and a smashed cheekbone tripped and fell as he was running away right ? - you merely sat on his as he was lying there and waited for the rozzers to roll up - never admit to hitting him with that half brick you found in the gutter

the police are only humans. they invariably know exactly what goes on in the real world, but dont give them aany cause to look into acompaint any deeper.

it truly spooks trhe bad bopys and girls to find a vicitm lying coherently - they are not used to it

PS- chuck the brick far far way or give it to someone to dump away from the scene, just to keep things straight

Just to add my bit...THE FAT ONE does sound like one of the girls who attempted to rob my daughter last year.It might be that they have decided "the heat" is off and to come out of hiding LOL.

Anyway I think we should all keep our eyes peeled and warn our kids about these "young ladies".