Next EDF Drinks - Tonight at The Uplands

georgia

Chav or CWALD had a new 'Barnet' and looked an almost unrecognisable 10 years younger, I must ask her which hairdresser she uses;-)

I met AnnaJ who caught out the 'bobby Goldbrough' interloper puffing his own group, well done again for protecting us from pretenders.

Hibbs insisted on wearing her sticky backed name plate on her v.shapely back pocket of her jeans.

Moos had abandonded her nine month old to an orphanage for a couple of hours, she looked very athletic and trim having so recently borne her offspring.

Floating Onion is a 6 foot plus striped shirt guy, I expected to see someone more feminine with such a domestic culinary name tag. You cant tell a poster by his tag!

Another-Paul, Citizen-Ed, and Bagpuss (she was looking younger too) whom I had met on my first edf drinks at the 'dog'

Ally Cat was there I think to ensure floating onion didn't sink.

Blonde, Georgia who organises these bashes was there from very early on, with a bold table sticker announcing this was the place for forumites, which I thought very useful. A very pleasant evening and more ladies attended The Upland, there seemed rather fewer last month at the 'dog'. Bellenden Belle was there, she tagged her other half 'Mr BB' I shall let him choose and write his own tag next time. Sean Mc, Keef, Mockney and many others whom sadly, because of the ravages of time and having a lousy memory, I cannot recall nice to see you again.

Big up to the Uplands for hosting our jolly-up last night even if they did insist on closing at 11pm. It must be the only bar in East Dulwich that shuts at that time on a Friday night.

Another fun-filled evening that for some of us carried on much later at the Drum. Just a damned shame I had to get up at some ridiculous hour to come to work this morning otherwise I'd probably still be out there whetting my whistle. Oh! and SteveT, you're quite right the ladies were all in fine fettle last night weren't they. Swoon swoon. Always good to meet some newbies as well as the usual suspects.

I arrived late to find that people were drunk - so I joined them. Staggered off to the Drum for more drinks with Jah, Annasfield, Keef, Ivemetjimmy, Bagpuss, El Gecko and some other people my befuddled mind cant recall, I had every intention of going on to the Gowlett, but didnt make it.

Got kicked out of the Drum at at some time after 1? Lost people as I wandered down to LL, passed some of the CPT bar crew going in the other direction and then heard whoops of delight as they bumped into the folks I had been with - so more revels continued I suspect.

I had a kebab.

Good to meet everybody.

Mark wrote:So what was the Uplands like when it had people in it?

Initially it was noisy with overly loud music chosen by young bar staff and accoustically challenged, but once the forumistas came in it changed to my mind, for the better.