Royal Mail delivery

I've just received two anniversary cards which were sent over three weeks and postmarked 2/9/20 from Epsom and Ewell. My mother was very upset that they hadn't arrived and it's really frustrating that both cards were first class. It's just not worth paying out for first class stamps anymore. Fifth rate service -appalling.

intexasatthe moment Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's bad . I have an irate 80 year old

> acquaintance endlessly phoning me to ask if his

> letter has arrived .

>

> What exactly has caused the problem ? What can we

> do ??

Closing the Sylvester Road delivery office caused the problem.

Nothing we can do now. Some of us - and Helen Hayes - tried to do something at the time, but all water under the bridge now.

Trouble is if we're getting some letters, we don't know/suspect what might be getting held up. We thought our deliveries weren't too bad, then today my partner received a hospital appointment he has been waiting for. Trouble is, the appointment was more than a week ago. The letter from Kings was posted on 9th September. So, more waiting and worrying for him, and a wasted appointment at the hospital.

another annie Wrote:

> Trouble is if we're getting some letters, we don't

> know/suspect what might be getting held up. We

> thought our deliveries weren't too bad, then today

> my partner received a hospital appointment he has

> been waiting for. Trouble is, the appointment was

> more than a week ago. The letter from Kings was

> posted on 9th September. So, more waiting and

> worrying for him, and a wasted appointment at the

> hospital.

That's really awful.

Many departments text as well as sending a letter. I've had the same happen, but luckily I had also been sent a text. I don't know why they don't all do it, even my hairdresser reminds me when I have an appointment due!

intexasatthe moment Wrote:

> Sue or anyone else - I agree but then I think why

> did it cause such a big problem ? Were lots of

> staff redeployed /got rid of ?

>

> Is there lack of space and /or organisational

> skills in the Peckham office ?

I suspect it's poor management. But obviously Covid won't have helped, plus we've just gone through the holiday season.

There has been a lot of previous discussion about it on here, I seem to recall, but I can't now remember what it said.

I do remember that at one point my then postie said to me something along the lines of "You don't know the half of what's happening down there" (ie at the Peckham office).

Ouch !

I recently received what looks like a summons for court for what appears to be not filling-in and returning a form requesting 'name and address of driver' from Met Police.

I never received any form from the Met, so it took me a while to figure out what this is about.

I had a collision with a cyclist in Peckham and we went through the insurance route and the case is I think now all but closed, so my details are know by all parties.

But I never received any form from the Met and am now having to go to court to plead !

I feel like I've been blindsided, but this could mean penalty points on my licence !

Anyone had experience of this or have advice ?

I don't know what hold Amazon have over the Royal Mail, but a package sent by them via the post which was posted on yesterday arrived today along with a magazine.

A pack of razors which were posted also using Royal Mail 24 ten days ago still haven't arrived, nor Private Eye, which I ended up picking up in Sainsbury's.

KidKruger Wrote:

> Ouch !

> I recently received what looks like a summons for

> court for what appears to be not filling-in and

> returning a form requesting 'name and address of

> driver' from Met Police.

> I never received any form from the Met, so it took

> me a while to figure out what this is about.

> I had a collision with a cyclist in Peckham and we

> went through the insurance route and the case is I

> think now all but closed, so my details are know

> by all parties.

> But I never received any form from the Met and am

> now having to go to court to plead !

> I feel like I've been blindsided, but this could

> mean penalty points on my licence !

> Anyone had experience of this or have advice ?

Is it a summons? I would get in touch with Helen Hayes straightaway, I imagine if it went to court they would be sympathetic given the well-documented issues.

Also, complain to Royal Mail (I did at the beginning of the month), they'll write to you acknowledging the issues which again is in your favour.

Good luck

Thanks.

I've filled-in the Plea Form and declared not guilty and attached a note explaining issues in SE22 with post.

I also indicated this thread on EDF and suggested they have a look, because it could be affecting their comms with their 'defendants'.

Lowlander Wrote:

> Is it a summons? I would get in touch with Helen

> Hayes straightaway, I imagine if it went to court

> they would be sympathetic given the

> well-documented issues.

>

> Also, complain to Royal Mail (I did at the

> beginning of the month), they'll write to you

> acknowledging the issues which again is in your

> favour.

>