Loft Conversion - recommendations in ED please

Ginster

• 4 months later...

Just a quick line to see if anyone that used classic lofts wouldnt mine pming me thecost. The quoted me ?45k for 2 bedrooms and a shower room ( in loft and on back) but this seems a bit steep. I was expecting it to be around ?30/?35k

I would have to pay for decoration, bathroom suite etc on top of the ?45.

Any ideas?....

Classic Lofts did ours and 3 years on we are still REALLY happy with it. All to price and time line but do keep communicating. I recommend a weekly site meeting. My two neighbours used Loft Life and would not recommend them. One neighbour has had to have theirs redone by another company.

Another thumbs up for Classic Lofts. They did a great job for us ... six weeks from start to finish with a very hard-working and considerate crew. This was the second loft conversion I'd commissioned. The first, when I lived a fee miles away, was with Econoloft, who were nowhere near as good as Classic!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Please give central London lofts a call 07944 600 214 Barry or google us Central London Lofts

we work within the M25

All our projects are project managed with a day to day contact through out the project

We have in house architects they will come out once price is agreed and your get the best loft conversion for your house

Hope to see you soon

Barry (CONTRACTS MANAGER)

• 3 weeks later...
hello, I am also planning a loft conversion. Not much luck getting through to Classic Lofts on North Cross Rd, 2 days of leaving messages with their answering service but no call back. Just wondered if we are talking about the same Classic Lofts or is there another one that is being recommended here?

Hi there,

Interesting reading through all the posts regarding PP and PD for loft extensions and Fixated is correct.

We are an Eco renovation and building company with experience of over 10 years in loft extensions, ground floor extensions and whole house refurbs.

We work with our own architects or can work with one you have appointed, and would be more than happy to come round and discuss your project and to provide you with a free quotation.

You can contact us via [email protected] or 0844 504 8867. Or you can contact me directly on my mobile 07939838896

Warm regards

Nic

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

We used Loft Life a couple of years ago - they were ok-ish - well, they were cheap. They do seem to over commit and will have multiple jobs on the go. This results in lots of communication problems, issues with sub-contractors (the draftsman / architect and scaffolding guys were a nightmare) etc etc. If you've got the energy to micro-manage and your time frames are flexible, it might be worth the trade off on price (but only just!).

If we had our time again, we would have used Martin's builders (who completed our wrap-round extension and front drive).

We were fairly happy overall with Loft Life, although the plumber they subcontracted to was absolutely terrible. Price-wise, nothing to choose between them and Classic Lofts.

I'd use them again... as long as they use a different plumber.

• 3 weeks later...

We used Loft Life a couple of years ago. We originally thought they were OK (only OK, mind, not great) but having seen a few issues appear since the loft was finished and having seen more lofts at other people's houses, I would definitely not recommend them. The quality just doesn't seem up to scratch.

Happy to explain further if you want to PM.

We used Taylored Lofts, hardest working builders I've ever used and the quality of the work was great. Came and fixed some minor issues a year after the work was completed. We had LoftLife round to quote and Spencer came across as a bit of geezer, offering to do bits for cash to avoid VAT for example, didn't feel comfortable with trusting him with the job.

Archived