Fox and Cat fight on Heber Road Friday night

Was anyone else awoken by a fox fighting with what looked like a cat on Heber road Friday night? It was late, probably about 3am. I looked out the window and it was horrific, and it seemed (though it was dark) as though the cat came off quite badly. I won't go into details here. My partner got up and went outside and walked up and down the road but he couldn't see the cat anywhere - the fox we had seen run off in the meantime. I am a cat lover, and I have had nightmares since about the owners possibly finding their cat in a very bad state. The cat might not be a Heber road resident at all, as cats do tend to ramble around, I hope he made it home ok

We live on Heber and heard it. It was a dreadful noise. When we looked out the window we couldn't see anything. Both of our cats are present and correct but I do hope the cat in question wasn't too badly injured and has made it home.

Personally, as an advocate for the return of Fox Hunting to SE22, I'd happily widen the 'uneatable' net to include cats too. Also, maybe we could make these fights more of an event with betting and everything?

Yeah, your right they are noise blighters when on the job...and apparently its only humans and certain primates who actively enjoy sex. Judging by the almighty racket brer fox and his missus make I can well believe it, sounds downright painful.

I would love to start a fox hunt in East Dulwich. I can just see us galloping down from Ladlands me on the back of an enormous black hunter, in my perfect gleaming black leather boots and riding pink (sigh), Michael Proctologist on a small grey donkey..

I worry so about Chav's chickens.

What say you ????? Do you have a steed or should I ask the strange lady who runs the riding stables at Dulwich Park if she could see her way to lending you the pair of cart horses that she uses to pull the hearse to Norwood Cemetry?

I think it would be a wonderful way to spend a winter morning...

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/1003/50205530.JPG

My brother used to fox hunt in East Dulwich on the way home from the CPT. He once 'penned' a fox in the front garden of 128 Barry Road (I'll apologise to our former neighbours on his behalf). The fox, being cleverer than him jumped over the gate and legged it towards the rye.

...those were the days...

up in Hackney/Dalston, though, we've been having the same problem. Every night the local cats and foxes go mental. Either fighting with eachother or performing insane mating rituals. It must be Spring.

Surely an urban fox hunt would have to be carried out by men in hoodies on those buzz-bike, Japanese style mopeds preceded by a pack of staffeis with spiked collars. Instead of a horn it would be heralded by some hippiddy hop blasted from a mobile phone and as the hunt comes by girls in track suits would walk around offering trays of turkey twizzlers to the riders.