Blue mountain cafe - walked out (Lounged)

Fuschia

Is it just the middle classes that get ripped off? Or does an establishment that doesn't live up to the expectations of its customers upset all those that use it? Surely everyone no matter what class etc etc deserves the same? Is Louisa for real?

KalamityKel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just out of interest but how many people have

> bothered to mention any of the issues mentioned in

> this thread?

> A business can't improve without feedback.

>

> If you have had a word what was the response?

I only tried the BMC again after a break, as the owner assured me the service was better - see my opening post. I have left a written complaint at the BMC, and I'm waiting to see what the response is (if any)

In my experience the service has been very slow ever since it opened.

I used to still go, because it used to have a nice atmosphere with all the little quirky rooms.

Now it's opened out into one big room downstairs, it just isn't the same.

Shame.

Edit: PS I'm the twins' aunt :))

Hi KK. Good point. Yep we mentioned it everytime it happened. We didn't leave written complaints but we did (politely) point out to the staff the amount of time we've been waiting and saying that it wasn't good enough etc. etc. I like the place and would love to be able to go back without wondering if 90 minutes is long enough to eat breakfast.

I think this is a great place - fantastic breakie every time I've been in and always served up by friendly and attentive staff. Love the atmosphere too, always rammed when I swing by, usually on a Sat morning. Then again I liked Le Chandelier too, so what do I know!

Galliman Wrote:

> Then again I liked Le Chandelier

> too, so what do I know!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Liked"? Has it closed?

I once went to the Blue Mountain for lunch as a birthday treat, when I worked locally. I had to leave before the food came, because I wouldn't have had time to eat it :-S

Had to get a salami and sundried tomato baguette from Le Petit Chou instead, also a treat but rather less of one as I used to get those quite often :)) and eating at my desk wasn't quite the same .....

I love it. Fushchia wanted to take her five-year-old for a treat so went for a croissant at a cafe. What about a trip to the park or something a five-year-old might actually enjoy?

Sorry for being a bit off topic but I find myself siding with Louisa on this one. And that's generally a worrying sign.

Jamma Wrote:

> I love it. Fushchia wanted to take her

> five-year-old for a treat so went for a croissant

> at a cafe. What about a trip to the park or

> something a five-year-old might actually enjoy?

> Sorry for being a bit off topic but I find myself

> siding with Louisa on this one. And that's

> generally a worrying sign.

You don't think a 5 year old enjoys having a croissant (and an ice-cream) in a cafe with his mum? You don't think being the mum of newborn twins, I might appreciate a break from making tea?

So when i had the gall to take him into the bmc, they were hence correct in not bringing us any food?

I find your way of thinking rather odd!

I think that's a little unfair, who are you to say what her son might find a treat? If they only had an hour, that's not really long enough for a trip to the park and maybe time alone with mum is treat enough.

Cross posted!

Cassius, if I were you I would not reignite this one, we've been down this road far too often and although I started it, I had good reason to. Middle class people love to encourage or dictate to others what is best, and let's face it, they usually mess it all up. Most working class people would not go to this sort of place, nor would the super rich, more than likely for different resons but above all it's about wanting to be better than what you perceive others to be. This sort of establishment will attract middle class clientele who enjoy paying a bit extra for something they think is better than others will be getting. It's sad but true, and then when they start to have a few brain cells kick in and realise that 'oh dear i'm being taken to the cleaners here', it's usually too late. Good luck to the guys at Blue Mountain, keep up the good work.

Louisa.

Louisa -

I just think it's sad that you seem to take pleasure in anything that upsets a certain element of society. Do you really HATE the middle classes (whatever that might mean) THAT MUCH? Goodness I don't even hate my ex THAT MUCH!

Oh Louisa, I think you're great! Love your passionate outbursts, this forum wouldn't be the same without them.

Although I have to disagree with you about the middle classes. Why are we the only class it's PC to deride and insult routinely?

I think the middle classes are great. We're the social conscience of this country - the ones who believe in the value of education, travel and self-improvement. Historically most of the greatest humanitarians, artists and revolutionaries have been middle class.

I LOVE BEING MIDDLE CLASS. WE ARE THE BEST!

PS Blue Mountain sucks!

Bloody heck! Has class war broken out? It only a f**king cafe ffs and to be honest I've never been in the Blue Mountain Cafe. Too many poncy middle class f**kers in there for my liking. Oooh heck! What have I just said? Runs away.

Must join in, love the food, the service great and the owner is lovely- BUT can be a bit slow...has anyone tried the cafe next door to the shoe shop on LL? Delicious food and quick service, the all day breakfast delicious. Failing that i go to mon petot chou 3-4 times/week for yummy panini's...