Adventure bar - East Dulwich (Lounged when no longer about same)

James

There's an adventure cafe & bar in Bath. Bloody adventure getting a drink in there I can tell you. Is it the same chain as this one? Theres no mention of Bath on their website. I don't think they should have a happy hour they should have a miserable hour when all us forumites can go in and have a good moan about everything. Can you have a good moan or is that an oxymoron??

Hi everyone

Thanks for your interest in our new bar. We have almost finished the extension now and are starting the internal structure. We are still aiming to be open at the end of August and I will give out more details nearer the time.

Just to answer your questions, firstly, our music is played and chosen by us. We don't have play lists, every day is different. I couldn't list every band on the website but we play a mixture of rock, indie, disco, dance and soul. The thing we concentrate on is making sure everybody has a good time. Our staff are very good at this. They are all full time professional bartenders.

Secondly, we don't have a bar in Bath (yet). Our website is going to be updated with a new East Dulwich page this weekend so you should be able to find it through Google then.

If you have any questions over the next few weeks, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Thanks

Toby, Adventure Bar & Lounge

inside 72 was the only bar i'd been in where i heard 'at the drive in' being played...

looks like the adventure playlist is designed to attract the sort of character that thinks having a kaiser chiefs cd in their audi TT is cool

birkenstocks to the lot of 'em

music can be shut out of the high street and therefore chosen not to be heard, the outside design and type cannot. it is there for all to see and as i have voiced before the design of this place is bad, uninspiring and flat. sorry but one thing i will say for inside 72 was the sign looked good.

Christ alive, lets not mince words, everything about this place looks f*cking dreary. I was depressed when I72 shut and am even more depressed that this shower have got hold of the keys. 'Like yah, when i got back from travelling right, i got a 5% stake in this chain of wicked bars with toby. we are opening one in East Dulwich, which is like so totally up-and-coming. The next clapham right' Arrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh, i guess it will keep the hoxton-finned cnuts in foxtons away from the rest of us.

I had a drink in Inside 72 a couple of weeks before it shut. It was empty. Yes, many of us liked that little bar, but quite clearly it wasn't popular enough to survive.

It just goes to show that you really need to support your favorite local businesses, especially if they're a little less "mainstream".

It had plenty of support and was always full on the weekends and later in the evening. They didn?t close because of lack of business they just decided it was time to move on.

On in this case being out of London I think.

Although I?m sure +Venture are going to have plenty of support as well. Just of a different kind.

Funny this thread should pop-up as I had a nosey through their window this morning. Looks like they're making progress.

I hope so, because I was looking/hoping for a job there. I've been working at Firefly in Clapham and am tired of taking a 3am bus home with the resident drunk and druggies (of course I am always a model of composure when I get drunk in Clapham and catch the 37!) >:D<

I can give/make some great cocktails James.

My latest fave is an After Eight Martini :)-D