What is the Difference between Australians/Kiwis actually?

jrussel

david_carnell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>>

> Why do you even care? Are the Aussies and Kiwi's

> particularly vociferous in their objections to you

> cutting down trees?

PMSL that made laugh out loud at my desk..

Strawbs <-- now drinking red wine out of a mug

david_carnell Wrote:

> cutting down trees?

Watch out for jrussel's next troll^H^H^H^Hhread "Too many generic antipodeans in East Dulwich"

And those Pacific Islanders! I tell you....

Can you really say you can tell the difference between a Tongan and a Fijian?! I can't. And I'm mad about it.

They come over here with their polite manners and dignified social behaviour and do their "activities".

If I ever see one, well, I'll probably come on here again and tell you all about it.

I don't understand why you ask whether French twenty-somethings are similar to German or Spanish?

david_carnell Wrote:

> Don't know any French twenty-somethings.

>

> Are they similar to the Germans and the Spanish

> though.

>

> cutting down trees?

TIPS FOR TROLLS

1. Don't be too obvious.

Everybody knows what the difference is between Kiwis and Australians. Keep the subject matter believable.

2. Don't do anything too technical.

If you're smart/geeky enough to know how to insert a cheeky script that puts people's Facebook picture in a thread, then you know full well what the differences are between Kiwis and Australians.

3. Hijack a thread from within - don't start your own.

This draws less attention to yourself and allows you to build-up a plausible identity.

4. Allow sufficient time to elapse between trolling

Give your last ruse time to die down before embarking on the next one. Not only will people hopefully have forgotten about you, but it will also allow time for newcomers - who've never heard of you - to rise to the bait.

GOOD LUCK, TROLLS!

Jah Lush Wrote:

> The opening post is obviously written by an

> ignoramus. Anyway your answer is about 400 miles

> at a rough guess.

You only mark yourself out as the ignoramus here. I specifically made a statement in my opening post to avoid people coming back with this kind of stupid response. Here it is bolded for your benefit:

-----------

his morning a "Kiwi" got all offended when I referred to him as Australian and when I was then quite indifferent about my "mistake".

I understand that they come from different countries, obviously, and that they speak with slightly different accents, but for London purposes, does it really matter? We all know what kind of Aussies/Kiwis tend to come to London and the way they behave, so making a distinction between the two seems quite academic. It would be a bit like complaining about calling someone a "hoodie" when in fact they weren't technically wearing a hooded top but perhaps had a large collar and a large hat on instead but still with the intention of disguising their identity.

Obviously the context in which you refer to someone as "Australian" or "Kiwi" has some bearing on whether the distinction is relevant but if the context is discussing their impact on London, or the activities they engage in, then I really don't see the problem.

--------

If you don't understand the subtlety of the question, why do you bother trying to derail the discussion with personal attacks?

As yet no-one has been able to answer my question: how are the two nationalities to be distinguished with regard to their activities and behaviour whilst living in London?

Has the question now been stated clearly enough?

Jah Lush Wrote:

> The opening post is obviously written by an

> ignoramus. Anyway your answer is about 400 miles

> at a rough guess.

Oh, and, if your "400 miles" response is to be taken seriously: it is actually more like 2,500 miles. And maybe you would like to bear in mind the fact that Australia is itself about 2500 miles wide. Just some little educational facts for you. Although they are entirely irrelevant to the discussion here.

Poor show, jrussel. Very obvious trolling. You are awarded a D minus, which puts you in danger of failing the internet. Go and see teacher after class and think about applying yourself more in the future.

jrussel Wrote:

> how are the two nationalities to be distinguished with regard to their activities and behaviour whilst living in London?

You can't, they do the same activities and they behave the same.

Anyway, I saw they were digging that hole in the middle of the Goose Green roundabout this morning ready for the tree to go in it.

As a foreigner I'm rather curious what a peron's nationality has to do that person's "activities and behaviour" in London. Also what sort of people "tend to come to London"?

Regards,

Mr. Gets Offended Being Called The Wrong Nationality Too

jrussel Wrote:

> As yet no-one has been able to answer my question:

> how are the two nationalities to be distinguished

> with regard to their activities and behaviour

> whilst living in London?

Mark Wrote:

> jrussel Wrote:

>

> > how are the two nationalities to be

> distinguished with regard to their activities and

> behaviour whilst living in London?

>

> You can't, they do the same activities and they

> behave the same.

Thank you. In which case, the fellow who I spoke to this morning, and who I told was behaving just like most people would expect from an Australian, had no reason to get all uppity with me on the basis that he was a "Kiwi".

Floating Onion Wrote:

> As a foreigner I'm rather curious what a peron's

> nationality has to do that person's "activities

> and behaviour" in London. Also what sort of

> people "tend to come to London"?

>

> Regards,

> Mr. Gets Offended Being Called The Wrong

> Nationality Too

>

> jrussel Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > As yet no-one has been able to answer my

> question:

> > how are the two nationalities to be

> distinguished

> > with regard to their activities and behaviour

> > whilst living in London?

Why exactly do you get offended by being called another nationality? Do you consider your nationality superior to others?

Floating Onion Wrote:

> Oh yeah, a quick measurement put it at just over

> 1,000 miles. Jah was closer.

>

>

It obviously depends where you measure from.

My measurement was from the centre of Australia and was correct.