Summer babies club (due June, July, August 2014)

Dear all,

A space has become available for the group antenatal course for first time parents due to start on June 5th (a couple is moving out of London before baby's arrival), so if you are expecting end of July/ August and thinking to sign up for a course to know more about labour, birth, early weeks with your baby and to get to know other local couples expecting around your dates, then feel free to get in touch with me for an informal chat at 07598 293 625 or email me on [email protected]

If you want to check my website for further details: www.ariadnasole.com

You can find comments from other couples who have attended the course: http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,1238496,1238496#msg-1238496 or http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,1032714,1082078#msg-1082078

I look forward to hearing from you and enjoy your lovely bumps,

Ariadna

I can't do 1st June as I'm at a wedding in Scotland. I was sorry to have missed the last gathering and hope you all had a lovely time and are keeping well.

Maybe we could have another mid week dinner soon?

x

On the off chance that anyone thought they'd left it too late to do a hypnobirthing course, one spot has become available on my Wednesday evening group course which kicks off next Wednesday and runs for 4 weeks, from 8.00-10.30pm in East Dulwich. ?285 per couple, and you'll get all the tools you need for a truly calm, comfortable and enjoyable birth. More information available at http://www.londonhypnobirthing.co.uk x

Hello,

I have been following the forum for some time and wanted to come to the gathering today but must have missed it. I assume it was in the morning ....or what time is it?

Manuela

Sorry forgot to add that I would also be interested in a mid week gathering in case there was no meeting today. Can do all days except Wednesday as this is my NCT class day.

Manuela

Hi Manuela, We didn't end up meeting this weekend but we tend to communicate via what's app now as it's easeier than the forum...Anna one of the girls in the group kindly set up a what's app group so if you pm me your number I can ask her to add you to it so you can come along to the next meet up. Rach x

Hello ladies,

I have been out of the loop for a while! I have missed all of the get togethers as I had to be in hospital for a few weeks before and after my baby was born. My baby came a bit early and I am still settling at home but would love to meet you at some point. I will try to check this site regularly now and see if I can make it to some get togethers.

Hope to meet you soon!

Balbina

Hi ladies,

Who should I PM to be added to thw whatsapp group? I was at the met up last Tuesday at The Actress; was lovely to meet you all :) Can't come tomorrow morning (Sun) unfortunately but would love to meet next time.....as long as baby doesn't made an early appearence (due early July)!

Hope everyone keeping well!

Aideen

Hi there all

The group's been a bit quiet of late - mainly due to people having their babies but also onset of NCT I think! Anyway, please PM me and I'll organise you to be added to the What's App group and I'll try to post on here when there's another meet up. Nothing planned at the moment but no reason why one shouldn't be!

Kate x

Hi everyone, apologies for gatecrashing. I just wanted to let you know that this coming Thursday 26th, I will be hosting June's "ED Birthtalk" (this is the East Dulwich Positive birth group). It will be from 10am-12midday and everyone interested in exploring how to think about birth in a more positive way is welcome. It's held at my house in ED, so is walking distance for most, and babies/toddlers/children are very welcome. I will provide tea/coffee/soft drinks/biscuits etc.etc. and you just bring yourselves, your positive attitude and interest in all things birth related (and a packet of biccies if you want to contribute).

The theme this month is "Choice in Birth", which should make for interesting discussion. Did you feel you had/have a choice regarding the birth of your baby? When you're in the midst of labour and things aren't going to plan did you still feel you had choices? Can informed choice ever be a reality - if so, how far? How much knowledge do you need to be 'informed'? How are choices presented to you in the UK maternity system? Were your choices respected? If you're a maternity professional, how far are the choices you can offer women dictated by the needs of the system, rather than the needs/wishes of the women? I think this one may run and run!! :D

Please PM me for the address, otherwise I'll look forward to seeing any you who are interested and can make it on Thursday morning.

Sorry again, as you were!

SW x

P.s. Did I mention that it's free?

It's less than a week till our Nearly new BABY & TODDLER sale on SATURDAY 5TH JULY 2014, 10.30am -1pm. It will be held at Buchan Hall, Buchan Road SE15 3HQ. Nearest station : Nunhead, Buses : P12, 78. The sale is the perfect time to pick up a bargain for your bump, baby or toddler. We will have lots of baby, child & maternity items.

Here's a sneak peek at some of what you could grab if you're early...

Moses Basket

Jumperoo

Baby Bath

girls & boys cothes

Tiny baby clothes

Maternity clothes

Bugaboo cocoon

Baby Walkers

Breastfeeding cushions

Baby bath seat

Baby Swing

And Much much more

As well as picking up bargains, there will be a baby corner, outdoor space for older children, teas, coffees, cakes and a FACE PAINTER smiling smiley

We have a few sellers tables left if you would like to sell your baby/child items please send an email to [email protected]

The sale is also a great way to find out more about your local NCT branch and meet the branch team.

We look forward to meeting you on Saturday

NCT Dulwich & District Branch Team

Just letting you all know about the 'Great Expectations' picnic on Wednesday 9th July on Goose Green (opp Goose Green clinic) from 12.30. All expectant / new mums welcome... It's being held by Michele Misgalla who runs antenatal and postnatal yoga classes :) All welcome, spread the word!