top ten films....

fiskaroo

TillieTrotter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks Keef. I could actually watch 300 every

> week the cinematography (sp) is stunning. And the

> leading man would be well in with a chance:-$

I'm sure he's a lovely strapping lad. Thing that put me off the film when I saw trailers was the fact that he seemed to have gone to the shout everything really loud and look angry school of acting, thought it looked a bit naff, but it does look stunning, so thought I'd give it a go... Will let you know what I think...

just remembered another...... The Constant Gardener! Agree with Trainspotting too

There was one I watched a couple of years ago with Jennifer Anniston in called Railroad / off the rails or something like that, that was really good - although quite shocking and not the type of film you expect of JA.

Birthday Girl

Friends with Money (for people who like Jen Aniston)

Blue

White

Red (or collectively known as Three Colours, although Blue was the best, IMHO)

Rosemary's Baby

Subway

De Battre Mon Coeur S'est Arrete

Nine Queens

Irreversible

Tricky. Today's top ten would probably be (in no particular order)

Jaws

Chinatown

Bonnie & Clyde

All or Nothing (can't believe that was 6 years ago...)

Vertigo

Three Colours: Blue

Short Cuts (or maybe Magnolia)

City of God

Reservoir Dogs

All About My Mother

The Long Good Friday

Keeping it down to 10 is a nightmare tho - tomorrow I might be trying to fit in GoodFellas or The Godfather (certainly the lack of Francis Ford Coppolla & Martin Scorcese is not indicative of my tastes generally), Blade Runner, Singin' In The Rain, West Side Story, The African Queen, Odd Man Out, His Girl Friday, Rear Window, Ace in the Hole, The Sweet Smell of Success, The Searchers, Dirty Harry, Toy Story 2, True Grit, Blazing Saddles, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, The Right Stuff, High Noon, Winchester '73, M*A*S*H, Alien, Aliens (for completely different reasons), Ferris Bueller, Grosse Pointe Blank, The Departed (remake better than the original?), Die Hard, Some Like It Hot, The Apartment, LA Confidential, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Days of Heaven, Annie Hall, Manhattan, The Life of Brian, Rope, either version of The Postman Always Rings Twice, The Breakfast Club, True Romance or maybe Pulp Fiction in place of RD, First Blood, The Rules of the Game, Stormy Monday (I can make a case for this), Double Indemnity, The Spy Who Loved Me, Harry He's Here to Help, Nine Queens, It's A Wonderful Life, North by Northwest, Blue Thunder, WarGames, Shallow Grave, Memento, Rashomon (though it depends what way you look at it), Ronin, Point Break, Bullitt, The Towering Inferno, The Great Escape, A Bout De Souffle (or Breathless, the remake), Cool Hand Luke, Touch of Evil, Manhunter, or a few others that will probably occur to me on the train home.

Really fancy watching a film now...

Just reminded myself in another thread of perhaps my favourite film of the 80s, and definitely one of my favourite scenes.

Ladies and gents, I give you

Adventures in Babysitting - The Baby sitting blues

Remember seeing this at the cinima (funnily enough it was called "Night on the town" then), and that was when my absolute love for Elizabeth Shue was born... Perhaps from this Opening scene.

And having just searched for that, I found THIS which is quite funny.

Well I'm no film buff so here we have my rather humble top ten....

Toto the Hero - very cute French film

The Way we Were - Streisand and Redford

Magnolia

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Breakfast at Tiffany's

On Golden Pond (I know, I know..... I have no shame)

Together - fantastic Swedish film

Before Sunset and Before Sunrise

Bad Santa

Stand By Me