Things that have made me laugh 2

mockney piers

The popular animation Postman Pat (me and my little brothers were huge fans) was sold to Japanese broadcasters but was put on hold because of Postman Pat having 3 fingers and a thumb. The way his hand was shaped was (unknown to the British creators, I hope) a Yakuza gang sign/gesture and it was thought that this would cause upset in Japanese households. It was eventually released quite a while after the show was purchased.

From Hona.

Memo

To Cammo

From Andy Coulsono

Just some thoughts on some risque words/phrases you might want to drop into various media opportunities.

See what you think.

'Knob Jockey' - Loose Women.

'Fellatrix' - Today, John Humphrys.

'Jizz bucket' - The One Show.

'C*ntbollox' - Top Gear, this could be risky but it's massive so chance it.

'C*ntbollox' - That new show of Richard & Judy's, safe enough I reckon.

'Spunk Monkey' - GMTV.

'Filthy Whores' - BBC Breakfast.

'Wankel Rotary Engine' - This Morning.

'Completely Shagged Out' - Bargain Hunt Celebrity Tat Find.

Hope these meet with your approval DC.

And once again may I thank you for taking me on as your as your publicity maven. Me and the family are so grateful.

What with the 'other lot' not having a great time with a former hack with the initials 'AC'.

Ando

My, I'm in such a good mood today!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From Daizie in the Sex Therapist thread.

LONELY HEARS ADS What they really mean ADVERTUROUS = Slut ATHLETIC = No Tits 30 SOMETHING = 41 FUN = Annoying WILD = Gets pissed easily BEUTIFUL EYES = Face like a robber's dog SEEKS KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR = Ex-Husbands a F***ing nutter NEW AGE = Hairy with a smelly fanny HEADSTRONG = Argumentative ENJOYS PUBBING & CLUBBING = Alcoholic CURVY = Fat B'stard CUDDLY = Fat B'stard LIKES EATING OUT = Greedy fat B'stard LIKE NIGHTS IN = Lazy fat B'stard, its only a joke x

Re: East Dulwich councillor - can I help?

To:

KalamityKel

Date: 09/09/2009 11:47

Hi KalamityKel,

Roughly 30 doors are knocked on for every hour of canvassing for issues. Roughly 15% of those 30 doors knocked on have some one in. So roughly 5 people an hour actually talked to.

We've tried evenings, Saturday and Sundays during the day. Sunday evenings. We have'nt tried Saturday evenings as our families do like to see us occassionally.

As we have day jobs we have'nt tried mon-fri during the day time. I keep my work holiday for family holidays, looking after the kids during school holidays and occassional daytime councillor engagements. This doesn't seem unreasonable.

If you'd ever like us to knock on your door say where and when.

Regards james

Says it all really dont it!

my point is not that canvassing is not done but the response - rather a case of the attitude taken where it is felt necessary to explain quite a simple thing in a simple way to someone they are clearly judging to be... well simple (no keep your agreements to yourselves on that one!) It's too funny really but I guess many with similar views to such persons would not understand.

It is a typical, pointless response from a representative of the same party where they feel they must have the last word.