EDF Lifecycle

Marmora Man

Why don't you send them a PM pointing it out then, or just point it out on a thread?

I can totally appreciate how the EDF is a bit cliquey, it's not meant to be, but that is the way it has turned out. I don't think anyone tries to be rude though, and if you were talking about me, I'd be gutted, and like to know what I'd said to offend.

(unless you mean the 343 bus thread, in which case it's a bit late to take it all back)

Y'know Marmora Man. I said the same thing to a famous forumite recently. But I was in the states this week. And it was kind of comforting to log on and check out how many cats had been run over, debates about buses. And fences in SE22.

There is a sense of community here that I havent found elsewhere in this big city. I like it. Personally I'd like to see the forum do some kind of charitable event for the community - become the social conscience of the area. But perhaps I'm wrong. Or a bit tipsy.

MMM

as a bit of a voyeur and a little shy, i feel i've not entered into the true spirit of things by not contributing,just watching and giggling or whatever,

I love the banter people have here and it's great to see a community in inter web action, as it were.

But yeah sitting back and listening is getting a bit samey (apologies from now on in for my grammmmer)

I hope to contribute more, any one else a bit shy?

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> baglady - take comfort from the fact that you are

> not alone. There are hundreds, nay thousands, of

> people who lurk (read but do not post) - and

> nothing wrong with that. But it is more fun to get

> involved.. and now you've dived in..

Blimey I never knew ED was THAT big!!!

Well, we are a sort of online "Truman Show" our bletherings and occasional attempts at whit and humnour entertain a host of people throughout the Globe.

Economic suicide aside, ED is like to become a tourist honey pot, with coaches pulling up outside houses .... "This is where the lovely Moos lives, if you each pay her ?10 she will let you take a photo or give you an autograph; for an extra fiver she will take her designer sunglasses off for the photo"

And to be honest, Lifecycle is probably not quite the right term to use in the title thread, suggesting as it does a beginning, middle and anend. Who knows where the EDF will end up? - its been through many phases on its journey thus far. Evolution would be more accurate.

• 1 month later...

Since January it has evolved some more - and judging by the last few days it's not going through one of it's better cycles.

Some of the old favourute hot topics and some new ones have started but the tone is several degrees lower than was once the case. It's all a bit more LBC than it used to be (a comment I'm sure will be used against me)

Most of (with honourable exceptions) the more considerate posters seem to be keeping away rather than engaging in debate with peolpe who seem happier to sling mud than argue coherently

Where's all the arsing about at the moment? Despite the best efforts of some folks it seems to be taking an apologetic back seat to people taking things far too seriously (particularly talking bollocks with strangers on a public website).

And then you get cantankerous posters like me moaning about how it used to be all fields around here and there?s not enough sillybuggers anymore. Arsholes.