Winter babies club (due Dec 2014, Jan/Feb 2015)

Hi all

Sophie yes got your message on whatsapp thank you, did you receive the various others? There are a few of us on the list now and I'm looking forward to seeing pics of babes and arranging the next meet up, strange to think I'll be venturing out with a newborn when we next meet!!

Mantlebees there are quite a few of us on this thread but we've met up in smaller more random gatherings nothing regular as yet but once the babies are here that might change as we all get into the swing of things.

Hope everyone with new babies are well and recovering nicely from birth and getting loads of sleep! I'm still slightly in denial about it all and I only have two nights left with my toddler being the only one to potentially disrupt sleep (alongside late pregnancy joys...).

Take care all x x

Best of luck to those of you expecting imminently!

Mon at 3.30 suits me and my new little man. Maybe a pub would be best to meet for coffee as there might be more room for buggies/toddlers/bumps? Any recommendations on lordship lane (I'm still quite new to the area so not sure where would be suitable)?

Zedd - in the nicest possible way I hope not to see you!!

X

Haha - thanks LHF - me too!

Unfortunately there are no signs of the little bugger just yet so fourth sweep here we come?You never know, though, tonight might be the night although after several false starts this week I've learned not to get my hopes up. My daughter was 12 days overdue so you'd think I would know better but for some reason I thought it would be different this time...

Re. tomorrow, The Herne pub next to Peckham Rye Park has a music class called FrogPrince Music on at 3.30pm tomorrow. It's not LL obviously so not sure how people are fixed for travel but only a 10 minute walk away. I have not been yet but have heard good things from other mums and thought it could be an opportunity to occupy the toddlers for a bit which might keep them sweet for a bit longer afterwards while we have a coffee? We can but live in hope? If the weather is dry we can always huddle outside while they potter around as the garden there is pretty escape-proof too. Obviously if you are a first-timer or your toddler is elsewhere this might well be your idea of hell so I'm open to other suggestions!

We could go to the Plough, that is a very family friendly pub. It is by the Dulwich Library. Or if you prefer the goose green end of LL then there is always EDT. At 3.30 pm I hope it wouldn't be busy. But for a nice coffee and cake we could also go to the Le Chandelier, though it might not be as toddler friendly as the pubs. Saying that, I don't mind to go to the Herne pub and have a reality check as I am an FMT. 😊

Cool - shall we go for the plough this time and see how it works then we can go somewhere more toddler friendly next time if it doesn't work so well or if the coffee isn't up to scratch?! I'll have to dash off by 4.30 I'm afraid for my first toddler nursery pick up with baby in tow - something of a logistical challenge!

Looking forward to seeing/meeting some of you tomorrow!

Hello,

Happy to do either. I'm curious about The Herne after having heard some really nice things actually, but we can do that another day perhaps.

Another one for the list is the recently opened "Cafe G" in Peckham Rye, by The Gardens. Really child friendly and very nice coffee I thiught!!

Looking forward to meeting some of you tomorrow.

Hello all

Congratulations to everyone who had their babies already, seems there have been a few, and best of luck to those with imminent arrivals! I'm still stuck at work (finish on 30th Jan all being well) but will pm Anya to join the Whatsapp group and hope to meet up with you all once I finally finish work (4 weeks does seem like a long time...).

Hello, Happy New Year to all - and congratulations to all who have had babies! Am really looking forward to meeting those that can come to the Plough and will be there from 3.30pm. I will be without toddler, but with big bump in a black and white dress.

Olivia x

Can't make today, my mum's up to help with energetic toddler who's decided that now is the best time to drop his nap! Hope everyone is feeling as well as we can at this stage in the game. Hopefully I can make the next one, baby permitting.

Hello to all the newbies too!

Looking forward to your update Anya!

Caroline x

Hi girls,

Sorry have been AWOL! I had another little boy on Boxing Day - Zachary! All good but juggling two toddlers and a new baby has been a little challenging at times!

Huge congrats to all those whose new little people have arrived. Good luck to those who are imminent.

Very much up for coffee meets. My toddler free days are tue, wed, thur.

Anya - good work on whatsapp. I will reinstall it and hope it works.

Rachel x

Congratulations Rachel hope it all went brilliantly! Did Vanessa catch the baby? Ahh little Zachary how lovely. Can't wait to meet him. Hope you're feeling good.

My little Freddie was born yesterday at 3pm all well and he's feeding so much better than his brother did at this stage. Even got about 4 hours proper sleep last night on the postnatal ward.

Looking forward to hearing all the birth news and meeting the babies and seeing mummies again soon

Xx

Vanessa was unfortunately on Xmas hols :( However it all happened rather quickly so mark my husband almost had to catch him!

Hope you are feeling ok Anja and Freddie is doing well.

Any news from Nicola? I stole your due date sorry.

Anyone fancy a meet up next week? Maybe Tuesday?

R x

Hi!

Congratulations Anja and Rachel on your new arrivals! I'm still waiting - 11 days over and counting? COmpletely fed-up tbh and today my pelvis has completely given up the ghost and refuses to clunk back into place. It's been slipping around for weeks but I think it's completely knackered now.

I'll let you off stealing my due date, Rachel ;-) Weirdly though, Vanessa is also my midwife - we joked that the baby was waiting for her to come back from holiday and she has been on leave again for the last 4 days and still no baby. She is back tomorrow and coming to see me to give me a FIFTH sweep - I am wondering what the record is - so maybe she will be able to catch this baby after all! I certainly hope something happens soon!

Hope to catch up properly soon.

Nicola x

• 5 months later...

Hello

I'm coming to this thread late, but I also have a 6 month old, Archie. I wondered if you were all still meeting up as I'm looking for mum friends in the immediate area.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sarah x

Hi Sarah, Lots of the people on this thread are still in contact. We have a whatsapp group that we now use to arrange meet ups as well as being a forum to ask opinions/ advice/ have a moan! If you PM me your mobile number I can ask Anya (who is the group admin) toadd you to the group if you would like although you will need to have Whats app on your phone. I'm assuming Anya has not already been in touch - ignore this if she has!

• 4 weeks later...