Winter babies club (due Dec 2014, Jan/Feb 2015)

Yes I think the reality will be a shock however "prepared" they are. I've been explaining to him how babies can't talk and he's decided he's going to teach the baby to talk and laugh, which is quite sweet. Will try the doll idea too.

He's been at nursery for 4 weeks now...he's generally happy when he's there and is now happy for me to drop him off without issues but he just seems to be freaking out a bit generally in life and taking it out on my husband, telling him to go away and only wanting me. He's still quite baby-ish in that he loves nothing more than cuddling on the sofa with me so I can't get to grips in my head with how I'm going to spread myself thin enough with a newborn to cuddle too. Argh.

Am sure it'll be fine...

I'm going to Gaia yoga this Saturday morning so if anyone else is maybe see you there?

X

Hello,What time are we meeting on Saturday?

I am doing yoga at the Goose Green Clinic on Saturday mornings, but as they are stopping the Tuesday evening class at Yogarise I will check out the Thursday evening class at Gaia. Is anyone attending that one?

Dear all,

I hope you do not mind me chipping in quickly. I am a midwife and run group antenatal classes for 1st and 2nd time parents. I usually run 4 refresher classes a year and the next one will be on November 13th and 20th from 8pm to 10pm, ideal for those of you expecting December, January, even early February 2015.

First session is labour (what to expect 2nd time, coping strategies and talking about your options) and second session preparing you (and your toddler) for the new arrival and what to expect being a mother of two. It is also a great time to meet other expectant 2nd time couples who live local.

There are 2 spaces left, if you were interested, email me for more detailed information at [email protected] or call me at: 07598 293 625.

My website is: www.ariadnasole.com and you can read comments from previous attendees: http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,1238496,1374171#msg-1374171

I look forward to hearing from you,

Enjoy your pregnancies, Ariadna

Sorry I missed the last meet up but I can make it tomorrow night.

I can probably get to the Actress for around 7.30 at the earliest. Is that good for everyone or should we say 8?

Its been a while since I've been out on a Saturday night so no idea if we need to book!

Hiya, i just booked at table at the Actress for 7:30pm tomorrow night for 6 people under 'winter babies', if there is more of us free then that is fab and i'm sure we can add on (just based this number on original confirm and guessed really but didn't want to be sat at an empty table!)

Look forward to chatting x

Hi there, I'm really sorry but I'm not going to be able to make it tonight.

I've been really run down for a couple of days (iron low maybe?) and have no energy.

It's going to be a quiet night in for me. Boo!

But I will be at the next meet up and hope anyone going tonight has fun.

Sophie x

Hi there

I'm not going to make it tonight either unfortunately. My toddler has a virus. He has a mouth full of ulcers and is very grumpy and not sleeping so we are all suffering - there seems to be something going around. I was hoping to leave him with his dad but actually I'm totally worn out myself from the lack of sleep.

Look forward to meeting everyone next time!

Jemma

Sorry to add to the list but I can no longer make it either.

My daughter woke up this morning with diarrhoea and I've been changing nappies, washing clothes and generally cleaning up poo all day! The timing is terrible as my husband is away. She was going to sleep over at a friends house tonight so I could go out and have a lie in tomorrow, but I can't inflict the explosive poo on my friend. Really disappointed as I haven't had a night out in ages.

Hope you all have fun!

Ahh that's a shame, although I would've only been able to pop in briefly on way to a birthday soir?e on lordship lane.

Saw another winter bump at yoga this morning and looking forward to meeting more at the next gathering.

Rest well mummies and get well toddlers!

Hi everyone -are we canceling tonight then? I can make it (and was excited about pizza!), but am so tired, I'd also welcome a night on the sofa if no one else can do ;)

Sorry to hear about lots of sick toddlers, hope everyone feels better soon.

Btw, I haven't had a chance to do a yoga class this time round, but wanted to do something when I finish work -what yoga class is everyone doing?

X

Come to Pilates! My Pilates class is at 7.15pm on Tuesday nights. Otherwise, there's preg yoga at gaia on Thursday evenings and yogarise on Tuesday eves although apparently that's finishing (sadly I can't make that one anyway as I'm teaching my Pilates mummies to be). There's Lindi liu's preg yoga on weds and thurs nights I believe, she's just behind warwick gardens area. And goose green clinic have lots of preg classes too.

When I can make it I've been going to Hana's class at gaia on Saturday morbings at 9.30am.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks AnyaJoeli! Once I've finished work (just under 2 weeks, yipee!!!) I shall come along!

Hope everyone else is keeping well? Must organise another catch up soon - are Saturday morning's generally good for everyone?

X

Hi girls,

Wow sounds like there are lots of us having winter babies.

I am due end of December and also a second time Mum (I already have twin boys who are 2)!

Like many others on this thread I did NCT last time in ED but haven't this time. But I would be very up for meeting others in the same boat.

I finish work beginning of December and will be keeping the boys in childcare so would love to meet up.

For meet-ups with toddlers, the Victoria is a good option, or alternatively the new Cafe G (used to be The Gardens).

I went to the new Yogarise saturday morning class last week at the Bussey building - would definately recommend it. I can't make this sat but will be going next, so perhaps if others are up for it we could do coffee afterwards (and leave the toddlers with their Daddies)!

Rachel :)

Oh fab I didn't realise they had started the preg class on Saturdays. Excellent. I've just checked the website and they're doing a "bring a friend for free" promotion right now. If anyone fancies going next Saturday I'll be going so it'll be half price if we split it (normally ?12 drop in). 9.45am Bussey building. It clashes with the one at gaia but I really like the space at yogarise and Yazmin is a lovely teacher x

Hi, exciting to hear more people are joining!

I just wondered if anyone fancied another coffee at the Victoria. Or - pushing the boat out - we could do breakfast at franklins one Saturday morning. They do a lovely and reasonable breakfast from 10am. (Of course this is likely to be my second breakfast of the day as food is currently my best friend!). If that's a bit out of the way for people, no problem at all. The Victoria has served us well so we could pop back there for hot chocolates and so on.

Would November 15 suit anyone else? I feel like I should make the most of going out before arrival of child 2!

Speak soon

Sophie

X

Hello!

I replied to this thread a few months ago but then forgot about it...

I'd like to join you for your saturday mornings meet ups! Hopefully without toddler, as his dad takes him to dad's group most saturdays. Expecting second baby in January...

I am also around in the week if anyone fancies meeting up then.

I'm deffo going to yoga on 15th November, I've bought the 6-session pass for ?60 and worked out I can just about do 6 sessions before baby arrives eek.

If anyone fancies a more Peckham-y breakfast/coffee nearer Yogarise there's always Lerryns, the new organic food cafe or the Peckham Refreshment rooms have opened up bigger dining space they do a great breakfast which merrily would undo all the goodness of the yoga?

otherwise I'm up for the Victoria, Franklins might be slightly out of the way for me as I have to get back Peckham-wards around lunchtime.

I'm also around for weekday meet ups!

x

Hi again, I am planning to go to the yogarise class again this Saturday (and next) so let me know if anyone else is up for this week (sat 8th) and coffee afterwards.

Victoria inn or franklins good for me!

Look forward to meeting you all.

Rachel

15th November is good for me and I'm completely easy - always love Franklins, either ED or Peckham way is good for me, so I'm pretty easy. I'm also feeling the need to get out and about before being hit by the juggernaut of baby number 2!

My last day in the office was yesterday and just doing some final bits from home today and Tuesday and then THAT'S IT, hooray!!! So I can also do meet ups in the week if anyone is around... Feels like December is coming around very quickly..!

X