Winter babies club (due Dec 2014, Jan/Feb 2015)

Hi. I can;t make the 6th but would love to meet up the next time. I'm also at home on Tuesdays and Friday if anyone else is although that would definitely limit my ability to finish a sentence as I'd have to bring my daughter along!

Thanks ANyaJoeli for the yoga recommendation - I'm going to check it out.

Hello! I've been trying to think of a place to meet on Saturday which could accommodate toddlers and mums.

The only place I can come up with is The Duck Egg cafe on Northcross Road.

It's not ideal as it doesn't have lots of floor space but it does have lots of tables where we could possibly get a drink, chat and distract toddler with snacks/ toys?

Eek. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Happy with Duck Egg cafe. During the week they set aside a little area for kids with toys etc but unfortunately at the weekend they pack it away to make room for extra tables.

One alternative would be the Victoria Inn on Bellenden Road as it has a playroom for kids so we can either sit in there with them or watch them on a screen from the pub. It opens at 9am on a Saturday.

I reckon most other places would be fine if its a relatively small group with toddlers but a large group might be harder to accommodate. Hard to tell from the thread how many of us can make it. Looks like myself. SJK and Joanna77 are definites, who else is in?

Hello, looks like I'm in too as I'm free after all, my husband has decided to play cricket all day... Is the weather supposed to be nice on Saturday?

Duck egg cafe or Victoria inn both work well for me and my little man.

What kind of time? I'll be going to yoga at Gaia in the morning which finishes at 10.30 I think, so we're free for mid-morning coffee (or afternoon meet up) after that x

We should be able to make it too. Victoria sounds good to me too. Are we saying 10.30? Joanna77 a lot of local streets are permit resident only but you can park on Danby Street (my road!) there are some pay and display spaces but further up it's free to park. I think you can also park on Choumert road (west side) for free too.

Hey I'm sorry I haven't made it this morning, logistical problems with the location of my toddler and husband in relation to the Victoria...

I'd love to make the next one though I hope you've had fun, I can do week day meet ups too.

Not to self-publicise but I teach pregnancy Pilates and there are a few spaces available on my Monday and Tuesday eve classes so if anyone fancies it pm me for details or I can tell you more when we meet.

Look forward to making the next gathering.

X

Lovely to see everyone today, seeing a few familiar faces and meeting new ones! The Victoria worked pretty well as a meeting place (J loved that playroom!) would be great to meet up again. I'm around during the week Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays with toddler in tow. So could do a park/ coffee on the run meet one morning?

Anya, sorry you couldn't make it. But hopefully see you at the next one. I can vouch for her fab Pilates classes! (I did her postnatal classes) Can you remind me what time your pregnancy class is? I'd really like to try and do some form of exercise whilst pregnant, but need to work out toddler bedtime/husband's work logistics.

I'm around all week next week with toddler in tow, has anyone seen that tomorrow there will be animals from vauxhall city farm at the east dulwich community centre? I was thinking I might take Maurice to that. Otherwise we're free Monday, Tuesday and Friday with no plans. Maurice starts nursery the week after so I'll be toddler-free in the mornings from then.

Preggy Pilates is at 7pm on Monday and Tuesday. It's a bit early for allowing for toddler bedtime/partners getting home from work. I do have a bump in my mummies tummies class on Tuesdays at 8.15pm so if you're pregnant and have done Pilates before you'd be welcome to come into that class (Caroline that might work for you!), as I can adapt all exercises to be suitable.

My Tuesday preg class is currently really empty and if it stays that way I might not run it and instead use the early evening to go to the preg class at yogarise in the Bussey building as the teacher is really lovely (and I rarely get time to go to classes myself!). So if Pilates isn't your bag but yoga is, I might see you there instead!

X