Bad Santa

giggirl

Oh dear Lord someone has bought me a self help book for Christmas. I'm devastated. It's an affront to my fabulousness.

"Use The Good Dishes - Finding Joy In Everyday Life". It's actually been signed and dedicated by the author.

When/where is the next ED book swap?

One Christmas growing up a friend of my parents joined us just before lunch and spent the rest of Christmas with us. I remember thinking it strange as his wife wasn?t with him.

A few years later when I asked my folks about it, I learned that his wife had thrown him out because he had got her a set of pots and pans for Christmas.

Me m8 handed over 3 strange looking pressies... I say strange as one was rather large and funny shaped with rather rude wrapping paper, another was a small square shaped box and the third was well... very flat. Naturally one asked whether any should not be placed by heat, were breakable (I dont call myself Kalamity for no reason ya know) or indeed needed to be handled with more care than usual (no swinging it over me head and shaking violently - the pressie not me!). Two out of the three were slightly fragile.

Christmas day approaches and I open my gifts - ooooh a penguin (the first mentioned strange shape), a cup and a copy of TSP's (his band) latest album... as nice as the individual pressies were I was already told the penguin wasnt originally for me, the cup "would do" and the cd was a case of him not being able to think of anything else.

I think I need a new friend! lol

No no seriously I'm not ungrateful I just didn't need to know the workings and inspiration behind the choices!

bon3yard Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thats horrendous VBC and perhaps illustrates the

> yawning chasm that has opened up in your relations

> with Sis. I got a Peruvian Chorizo. Yum.

Now Peruvian Chorizo sounds more up my street. Sounds great.

I know it sound pathetic to complain about a present. I think it's actually more to d with the person who gave it to you. My sister and I are like two peas in the proverbial. That's what I couldn't understand. But hey, i'm sure there's some point in the annals of our history where I got her the shittiest present ever. Probably when I was a broke student and ended up making something out of cling film. :-$