Angry Driver who did U-turn and followed me update

rubyroo

What has mentioning his race or colour contributed to her account? Think seriously about that. Is he going to be identified as a result of this post. It irks me to see race being mentioned in this irrelevant manner. But it does feed into stereotypes about race. We should a deep data analysis of the number of times race is specifically mentioned on the forum, and then divide them into positive or negative mentions. I hardly ever see anyone described as white or European, I wonder why that is the case. White privilege.

Ok, here you go - Non abject rational logic on how to take accurate descriptions for intelligence (without upsetting the Liberals):

Vehicle identification - SCRIM - Shape, Colour, Registration, Identifying features, Make and model

People A-H - Age, Build, Clothing, Defining features, Elevation (height), Face, Gait, Hair

Yes but she's not describing him to the Police is she? She is retelling an account on the forum and everyone pops up with their own tale of woe involving "black drivers" rather than "bad drivers". His race is incidental to the core of the story she wishes to recount yet takes centre stage in the reader's imagination because of the way race is mediated through society. "Angry Driver" "Black"........

OK, a special version of the OP for FtG...

There was this entity, that may or may not have been a person, a dog, or a cat or a cow, that was driving a vehicle, that may or may not have been a car/van/bus/cycle/747, in a way that some people would describe as dangerous, though some may not.

You may or may not wish to be aware of this. If you see this entity, you may or may not wish to tell the police. Or your mum.

Because that is really informative, isn't it?

Then really it would have been best to send a private message instead of implicating a company in public that might be entirely innocent.

el_fed Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Edcam,

>

> I'm sorry but I only said could it be. I haven't

> said they were involved. I offered an option of a

> company car that fitted the description given.

>

> I'm not in anyway suggesting it is them and I will

> keep my post as is unless the admin advises me

> otherwise.

>

> The OP can advise if the logo matches the car from

> the altercation.

>

> El.

Fabricio the Guido Wrote:

> I

> hardly ever see anyone described as white or

> European, I wonder why that is the case. White

> privilege.

If the person is black, why shouldn't he be described as such?

And yes, if he is white, he should be described as that too.

It's about giving a description of colour to help find the perpetrator, not about being racist.

(Sorry admin)

Fabricio the Guido Wrote:

> I hardly ever see anyone described as white or

> European, I wonder why that is the case.

Oh it does happen. It's just that people don't draw attention to it in order to reinforce their moral superiority.

It doesn't have to be libellous to be unfair and potentially harmful. If it's a positive identification, knock yourself out, if it's speculation then it's at best tittle tattle and at worst damaging.

el_fed Wrote:

> we disagree on this Edcam, but you're entitled to

> your view and opinion.

>

> There is nothing libellous in my original post and

> it's a public forum for public discussion.

Hi, I was wondering if any of the people who encountered this driver have in fact reported it to the police?

A friend had a very close shave with a car matching the description, at the weekend. It really should be on police records, at the very least...

Thanks, J

edcam Wrote:

> Then really it would have been best to send a

> private message instead of implicating a company

> in public that might be entirely innocent.

>

> el_fed Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Hi Edcam,

> >

> > I'm sorry but I only said could it be. I

> haven't

> > said they were involved. I offered an option of

> a

> > company car that fitted the description given.

> >

> > I'm not in anyway suggesting it is them and I

> will

> > keep my post as is unless the admin advises me

> > otherwise.

> >

> > The OP can advise if the logo matches the car

> from

> > the altercation.

> >

> > El.

How is mentioning a company whose logo may or may not have been on the car implicating the company? The only one here who appears to be guilty of anything is the driver. If he does work for that company they may well be interested in his behaviour while using a company car.