On the Ball (new Football Focus)

matthew123

RD nailed it. I was in the England members club for years and went to Wembley a lot and was always pissed off when Becks etc got stick and the 'stand up' crap came out. Always thought it was about England but apparently not. Left a very bad taste and to a certain extent I can't blame United fans.

Hmmm. Have to agree with the Manc support on this one.

There's a saying in Liverpool "We're not English, we're Scouse", which is down to football but also because a lot of liverpool folk feel let down by how they've been outcast by the rest of the country.

Whether you get it or not, football is like a religion up there and it's club over country every time. Actually feels quite hypocritical cheering on Ferdinand when he's wearing an England shirt and I just can't get in to it.

One thing that you will rarely ever see at Anfield is a St George's cross with "Bootle reds" or whatever, across the middle. However I have often noticed them at Old Trafford or with the united travelling support.

On the other side I also agree with Atila in the sense that whatever Ronaldo did against England it was also to a team mate and I found that all a little peculiar.

If the above makes no sense, it's because i'm a bit drunk and therefore i'm sorry.

PS - red devil, you go from one end of the spectrum to the other there with Miss Ellison. Funny though.

You love us really. We know that you all secretly do. It's OK you can continue to pretend you don't. We understand you've got to do that, but in your rooms at night you can let it out. It's OK to feel the love.

red devil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ...oops my mistake, it's Atila spouting shite

> again...now let me enlighten the cerebrally

> challenged amongst us, Utd fans chant Argentina to

> the Argentinian Carlos Tevez because he's

> from...yes that's right, Argentina!, just like the

> West Ham fans did, whisper it amongst you but some

> of those traitor Irons even wore Argie shirts,

> have they no shame?..

>

> maybe the so called England fans would like to

> explain why Utd players, sometimes half the

> outfield team, were regularly booed by the london

> based England fans at the old Wembley, also

> singing 'stand up if you hate man u'?; in response

> to this Utd fans when in Ldn would chant

> 'Argentina' as a wind-up response, and this has

> now gained popularity in recent years because of

> the Argentinian players; it was only when the old

> Wembley closed and games went around the country

> that real fans, not Ldn plastics, got to see

> England play...

The smell you've discovered must be because your nose is too near your arse.

Ted Max - Was sent that yesterday and that has had me in stitches all morning.

Have you seen these ones? Love that Yossi is oblivious to it all. Thank god for the kid with the programme.

http://i39.tinypic.com/w7xzc7.gif

http://i44.tinypic.com/k39k74.gif

Chelsea 2 Fulham 1

Man City 2 Blackburn 1

Middlesbrough 1 Man Utd 3

Portsmouth 2 Arsenal 1

Stoke City 2 West Ham 2

Tottenham 4 West Brom 2

Wigan Athletic 2 Bolton 0

Liverpool 5 Newcastle 0

Sunderland 1 Everton 2

Aston Villa 3 Hull City 0

Chelsea 1 Fulham 1

Man City 2 Blackburn 1

Middlesbrough 0 Man Utd 1

Portsmouth 0 Arsenal 3

Stoke City 1 West Ham 2

Tottenham 4 West Brom 4

Wigan Athletic 1 Bolton 2

Liverpool 1 Newcastle 1

Sunderland 1 Everton 2

Aston Villa 1 Hull City 2

Sometimes the certainty of relegation releases the pressures weighing down on heavy shoulders and the liberation results in freeflowing football and a glut of goals.....I can see West Brom getting 8

Oh very well dammit!

Chelsea 2 Fulham 0

Man City 2 Blackburn 0

Middlesbrough 0 Man Utd 3

Portsmouth 1 Arsenal 1

Stoke City 1 West Ham 0

Tottenham 3 West Brom 1

Wigan Athletic 1 Bolton 0

Liverpool 3 Newcastle 0

Sunderland 1 Everton 1

Aston Villa 3 Hull City 0