On the Ball (new Football Focus)

matthew123

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can't believe no mention on motd of Drogba's

> diving, he was even praised for staying on his

> feet for the second goal. Ironic.

Exactly Keef - they didn't show it once yet he spent the rest of the match rolling around on the floor.

SCSB79 Wrote:

> Mick Mac Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > if you saw the game pgc you will know there is

> > only one team that will win the league this

> year.

> > Good to see rangers getting up into 2nd spot.

>

>

> Ha ha ha ha ha. Green tinted specs?? A very,

> very poor Rangers team with 3 key players missing,

> 2 forced substitutions through injury still beat

> you. We are bad... but you lot are even worse..

> this will kick start our season hopefully.

> 52-42.

52-43 soon maybe.

Hats off to Kenny Miller, two chances and two goals, made the difference. But I think Celtic played well and are building a decent side. If I was a rangers fan I'd be worried about how little of the ball they were able to get in a home match only to have 40% of the ball is poor. In a long season the difference will tell.

> 52-43 soon maybe.

>

> Hats off to Kenny Miller, two chances and two

> goals, made the difference. But I think Celtic

> played well and are building a decent side. If I

> was a rangers fan I'd be worried about how little

> of the ball they were able to get in a home match

> only to have 40% of the ball is poor. In a long

> season the difference will tell.

you can have the ball for as long as you like but if you cannae stick it in the pokey - whats the point?? You're saying we were poor, so we can get better, yet still take the three points??

surely you remember the swash-buckling football Tommy Burns had you playing... didn't win much back then??!! Tony Mowbray may turn you into the Gallowgate Galacticos, but if you can't score, you can't score.

Oh, and apparently, Kyle Lafferty has had his windows put in - good to see your lot losing with dignity as usual.

Celtic FC - never defeated, always cheated since 1888.

Liverpool played well within a cautious framework, thought Chelsea were there for the taking.

Looking at the stats since pre-season started, Liverpool have now lost 7 times. Out of the 9 wins our biggest scalp has been beating West Ham.

The formation / players Liverpool finished with yesterday should be the kind to start games plus Agger replacing Carragher.

My initial thoughts exactly quids. Luckily looks like MM is bigger than that.

Didn't find out until last night that we scraped a draw. Had had a quick glance at the wedding I was at (much gutting nearby) and the beeb had posted up 1-2 R, so was unneccesarily pissed of for about 24 hours!!

Indeed. Such a pity about Ashton, he exuded class and strength but looks like it's game over full stop for the lad.

We need a real play maker, someone who can exploit the gaps that Carlton is creating. I'm glad to see his game has come on, he terrifies defences with his strength and movement but his goal scoring instincts are still off and he needs to be partnered up rather than isolated.

a wedding with lots of "gutting"?

zoiks

Ah... "tutting"

According to the report in the paper, the West Ham fans didn't great the late equaliser with quite the relief other teams might - suggesting the play wasn't worth it. Some teams I always delight in seeing relegated, West Ham aren't one of them. But it's very early days yet, so keep the faith

I think we're fragile but will probably be ok - last year the luck went our way top half, this year so far, no, but still think 13thish. My worry is we won't have many points by January and I'm pretty sure Upson will be off in the window and maybe Green. We also have no money...

He lived next door to a friend of mine once who tells this story. Soon after Souness moved in she [my friend] was coming back from walking her dog and saw him unloading his car outside his house. She thought, "I'll go in and introduce myself, as we live next door. Make him know he's welcome".

"Hello" she said.

"Get your dog off my drive," said Graeme.

End of conversation.

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

> I suppose one booking for diving and one penalty

> is about par for the course Mick Mac! If you

> achieve your 2-5 prediction, I'll let you off that

> double.

Do you get a more blatent penalty than this?

Old Firm Ref admits mistakes....

I think PGC if we had been given this penalty I feel the 2-5 would have been on the cards....;-) We should have had four penalties, but only got one....A good match and Rangers were deserved winners, they took their chances.

> Old Firm Ref admits mistakes....

> I think PGC if we had been given this penalty I

> feel the 2-5 would have been on the cards....;-)

> We should have had four penalties, but only got

> one....A good match and Rangers were deserved

> winners, they took their chances.

>

but as the mhedia, sorry media, keep telling us... it all evens itself out over ther year.