On the Ball (new Football Focus)

matthew123

Either way I think we'll see these muscle injuries being repeated during course of season - the worrying thing for Owen is that it usually takes quite a few games for him to return to form by which time he on the brink of another niggly injury.

I'm not an expert but I'd have thought warmer climate helps to keep your muscles supple... maybe we'll have to keep an eye on how Johnny Wilkinson shapes up in the south of France now he has departed the Newcastle Falcons

edit - refresh

Have to say I'm amazed that Gary Caldwell is on the team tonight. Loovens has been solid for Celtic and is unfairly dropped. Hope that defensive frailities do not haunt us.

55 mins - Caldwell misses open goal - hes becoming a comedy character.

Celtic completley on top and Celtic make 3 substitutions, 2 of which I would disagree with. He takes off NGuemo, who I thought was holding things together in midfield, if Celtic lose the last 10 minute midfield battle it will be s disaster and poor work by Mowbray.

Interesting BBC article about Liverpool

It says the Carlsberg deal was worth ?14.2m per year - rather than the much believed ?7m p.a. put together by Rick Parry. It also reports one estimate of Liverpool having upto 130m fans in 16 major [commercial] markets worldwide... not sure whether 60,000 - 75,000 new stadium will now be adequate ... if the new Premiership owners have their way it won't be a 39th PL game it'll be a 'home' game in every major market... just hope they'll leave Liverpool the Big 4 and Everton matches for Anfield ;-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8282125.stm

edit - refresh

It's not looking good down at Pompey with 7 straight defeats this season, and now problems with players not getting paid. It is something like 100 years since a team has avoided relegation with that kind of start and that was Liverpool. There maybe ?50m on the table but unless they're actually Pompey fans will the invester(s) release the money with likely relegation and minimal chance of a return.

It's only 2 years since they won the FA Cup, and only start of last season they had a pretty strong team and looking like they were going to compete in the top 8 with Harry Redknapp as Manager. This fall from grace is in many ways worse than that of Leeds United.

edit - refresh

red devil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> matthew, are you still having problems posting?

>

Yes. Although if I do an edit afterwards it'll refresh otherwise like this posting it will not update front page until someone else posts after me.

Going for a crazy prediction this Sunday, lots of goals at Stamford Bridge for both sides... but I think Liverpool might just sneak it 4-3..(or maybe 5-4!!)

edit - hmmmm it worked first time, maybe it is fixed

Ferguson claimed Owen's long term injuries have been caused by playing too much as a Liverpool youngster - so why did Sherlock Ferguson play him the other night after missing previous day's training because of injury?... answers on a postcard

Defoe out, Cech out... my FFL team might struggle this w/e. damn!

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Bolton 0 Tottenham 2

> Burnley 2 Birmingham 1

> Hull City 0 Wigan Athletic 2

> Man Utd 3 Sunderland 2

> Wolves 2 Portsmouth 1

> Arsenal 3 Blackburn 0

> Chelsea 2 Liverpool 3

> Everton 2 Stoke City 0

> West Ham 1 Fulham 1

> Aston Villa 1 Man City 2

You missed:

Rangers 1 : 7 Celtic

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Oh that's @#$%& great news that is MB. Harry the

> next manager to go? I fecking hope not. Just as

> Spurs are starting to build up some momentum it'll

> all go tits up again. Typical!

Not allowed to manage a team from a prison cell! :)

Only saw last 15 minutes but thought United looked a bit flat and Ferguson seemed less animated than usual - maybe just a bad day at the office. In a way not too disappointed with the late equalizer as United usually go on a long winning streak after a defeat. Maybe Fergie now regrets resting Rio and Giggs.