> WIGAN v LIVERPOOL is LIVE in The Vale tonight -

> kick off 7.45.

>

> I'll be there, so hope to see a few REDS down

> there as well - btw, they're got a special

> promotion of ?2.70 per pint. I was in there last

> night and even though it was United on LIVE it's a

> nice joint with it's big comfy sofas.

Thanks for the tip, although the promotional pint finishes at 8pm, ah well.

I went along, wasn't bad for a Wednesday.

Did you go?

Yes I went, as did Anna and Keef, and a few friends. We were sitting on the sofa right next to the door. Where were you sat?

I was caught out with the promotional offer as well when I ordered my second pint - although when I went yesterday I was still paying the promotional price after 8pm... but the Becks was good.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The Irons march on....Gooners must be worried

> about Saturday

Strangley no, I'm not worried, I worry more baout the fact that Le Boss refuses to stregthen the squad which is going to result in not qualifying for Champs League, and a mass exodus of the likes of Fabregas, Clichy, Adebayor, Van Persie, Rosicky (not that he'll be much of a loss) and any other player of any worth. All this because Le Boss refuses to see what everyone can see, that is that the squad need to be added to.

So what is Benitez alluding to with his comments on last nights game?

"I am disappointed with a number of things but no, the Wigan approach I will not talk about them," he added.

"It has happened in the last three games. They have something in common I don't like. I know why but I cannot say anything."

Is he just saying teams are too physical for the Liverpool team?

I've just listened to the MotD interview in full with Rafa and I really don't get it. So he takes off Torres and Gerrard because 'they were tired' and the team counldn't win the game because every time they had the ball they were tackled? I think one of those kidney stones has got into his blodd stream and lodged in his head. :))

I'm still yet to be concinced by CC, but his work rate was excellent, he was linking up much much better and he's definitely improving, though in all fairness even I could have scored that one.

Yeah Keef, I heard rafa on the radio this morning and you are basically echoing my thoughts verbatim there...uncanny!!

And wasn't it RC!!

Is it just me but I thought Torres was rubbish last night. He's not been the same player as he was last season. His first touch was poor. He hasn't got into any sort of rhythm this season and I suppose that could be down to persistant hamstring injuries.

As for Rafa's comments on him and Gerrard being tired, what a load of bollocks. Why take off your best players when you need to win a match and in Gerrard they have a match winner. He could have taken off Babel or Lucas and put on Robbie Keane to play just behind Torres up front and Gerrard could have moved back into midfield.

I think Benitez is too cautious. If you want to win games you have to be more positive and his selections and his substitutions are too negative.

Sorry you Liverpool fans but I really can't see anyone else but Man Utd winning the Premiership this year. They are playing the most positive attacking football and deserve to be where they are and I can't see anyone catching them. Chelsea aren't good enough at home and it will be between them and Liverpool for the runners-up spot.

As for Arsenal they need to buy players. This Arshavin deal is taking too long and they need new players at the back, and a dominent midfield destroyer. UEFA Cup football for them next season as I think Aston Villa will pip them for fourth spot.

I'm hoping Spurs will continue to improve after a very good performance on Tuesday night but I can't see us getting any further than 7th or 8th this season but West Ham will also improve and have started to play good stuff and are scoring goals again. Zola's magic appears to be working and they look like they are growing in confidence. I hope they stuff the Arse at the weekend.

Atila Reincarnate Wrote:

> West Ham stuff the mighty Arsenal? They couldn't

> stuff a marrow.

Ah...Atila, how we've missed your insight and supreme knowledge of the game.

I'd settle for a draw. It don't bother me.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Atila Reincarnate Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > West Ham stuff the mighty Arsenal? They

> couldn't

> > stuff a marrow.

>

> Ah...Atila, how we've missed your insight and

> supreme knowledge of the game.

>

> I'd settle for a draw. It don't bother me.

You should worry about your own games and take those seriously , because we haven't taken Spurs seriously for decades.