On the Ball (new Football Focus)

matthew123

Robbie Keane dropped from Liverpool squad for tomorrow's Chelsea game - and based on Benitez's continual stream of quotes in the press it looks even more like he wants him out of the club before Monday's transfer deadline at 5 o'clock.

The main problem for Keane at Liverpool has been trying to compete for possession of the ball with Steven Gerrard in areas that they both shine - and there was only ever going to be one winner. I don't think it's a coincidence that Keane's best games for Liverpool have been United at home, and PSV away when Gerrard did not start either game.

Well, that was a disappointment. The Lampard sending of was a disgrace but having said that Liverpool were the only team that looked like winning today. Chelsea look very lacklustre at the moment and it's hard to see why but I can't see Scolari lasting through the summer.

Very satisfying result but that was a 0-0 performance from Liverpool, absolutely diabolical against a very poor Chelsea.

I was never impressed with Scolari once you cut through the hype - a monkey could have won the World Cup in 2002 for Brazil when you have Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo, and his Portugese record is only pumped up because they shat on an overrated England twice - so Sandperson for once you are right Scolari will not survive through the summer.

Might have been a failure at Anfield but he was still the Reds 2nd best striker by a country mile - when you consider the alternative of Dirk Kuyt or Ngog it is flabbergasting that they've let him go without a replacement when Liverpool are struggling to score goals to win matches so they can win title. Not sure how many times Keane played an entire match for Liverpool but you could count them on one hand.

I just don't get it - Benitez doesn't ever play a style that suits Keane's game so why did he (or maybe it's they?) buy him? Keane's one of my favourite players in the Premiership has done it every where apart from the team he always wanted to play for! He'll get loads next year in the Championship

EVERTON v LIVERPOOL - I have a spare ticket, but do you have a car?

Wondering if any Liverpool fan wants to drive up to Everton on Wednesday for the FA Cup replay, me and a friend have a spare ticket for the game (Liverpool section) for someone who has their own car and willing to drive up and back.

Good business for Spurs...financially yes but Robbie Keane and Jermaine Defoe never really hit it off on the pitch as a partnership but as Defoe is out for a few months it's a very good signing as he's a top player and hopefully he can hit it off with Roman Pavluychenko starting at White Hart Lane on Sunday against The Arse. Oh! and I'm going to the game.

Ladygooner Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> FA Cup replay against Cardiff called off for

> tomorrow night. Hopefully we will have Mr Arse

> Shaving on our team by the weekend to play the

> mighty Spurs!

We've got him, but I'm not convinced he's what we need right this minute. We need 2 central defenders a defensive midfielder and a striker, as Adebayor should be arrested for impersonating a professional footballer!!