On the Ball (new Football Focus)

matthew123

To be fair to Rafa, Gerrard looked like he was running on empty, and when they showed him take his seat, he looked drained. Not surprising being that he has so much pressure on him, and he's just had 2 Merseyside derbies.

However, I don't think Liverpool stand a hope in hell of winning the league now, and it pains me to say it. Several times this season Chelsea dropped points on a Saturday, and we couldn't take advantage and pull away in front. We are now paying for it, and if anyone is going to fade from the race it will be us.

Rafa is a master of European tactics, but not so sure he really suits the prem. I'm not saying I want rid of him, but think he needs to rethink a few things, and stop blaming everyone else for his own mistakes!

Hopefully the club will be sold to someone who can actually afford it this time, and he'll get proper backing.

RE: Torres, I just don't think he's found his form after injury, still a top top quality player.

Arsenal 3 West Ham 0 ( think Arsenal due to bounce back and we pay for it )

Aston Villa 1 Wigan 0

Bolton 1 Tottenham 1

Fulham 2 Portsmouth 1

Hull 0 West Brom 0 ( last game on MOTD? )

Man Utd 1 Everton 1 ( Red Army still has 12 out? )

Middlesbrough 1 Blackburn 3

Stoke 1 Man City 2

Liverpool 2 Chelsea 1

Newcastle 2 Sunderland 2

Arsenal 2 West Ham 2

Aston Villa 1 Wigan 0

Bolton 8 Tottenham 0

Fulham 3 Portsmouth 0 (Adams sacked)

Hull 0 West Brom 0

Man Utd 1 Everton 1

Middlesbrough 0 Blackburn 2

Stoke 0 Man City 2

Liverpool 0 Chelsea 1

Newcastle 0 Sunderland 1

Liverpool definitely having a watershed moment - but we have seen clubs do this before and bounce back. There will be more twists and turns yet I say

Villa do look solid, so it's in my interest to hope that Liverpool or Chelsea get found out... but I think both will regain form. I wonder how Eduardo and Walcott returning will affect our run-in but I'm not panicking just yet... wht it was only a few years ago we qualified for CL because Spurs got a nosebleed on the final day ;-)

"On the ball city" the oldest song in football.

"Kick it off, throw it in, have a little scrimmage,

Keep it low, a splendid rush, bravo, win or die;

On the ball, City, never mind the danger,

Steady on, now?s your chance,

Hurrah! We?ve scored a goal."

West Brom boss Tony Mowbray has hit out at Premiership Referees - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7859615.stm

Some might try and palm it off as a crazy rant but for others does Mowbray have a point?

I certainly think it is unfair and unprofessional to go around treating one team different to another. One might think that a Referee referring to Lampard as 'Frank', and Rooney as 'Wayne', and Gerrard as 'Stevie' is harmless but how is the Ref likely to respond to a challenge from those guys compared with another player from a lesser club he refers to as 'Number 8 in the stripes'? Would he have so eagerly sent off Paul Scholes on Tuesday night if it had been 'Paul' rather than the West Brom skipper who made that 50-50 challenge when it was 1-0 to United? That red card has since been rescinded.

Surely each game should be approached with a clean slate by Referees - and leave friendships and star gazing on the touchline.

I was at White Hart Lane the other night and Mike Riley had a shocker. As referees go he is very poor. Not the first time I've seen him have stinker either.

Bentley and Woodgate were needlessly booked and having accumulated five booking each will now miss the Arsenal game. Not that we'll miss Bentley much.

JamesG Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "On the ball city" the oldest song in football.

>

> "Kick it off, throw it in, have a little

> scrimmage,

> Keep it low, a splendid rush, bravo, win or die;

> On the ball, City, never mind the danger,

> Steady on, now?s your chance,

> Hurrah! We?ve scored a goal."

Are you a Norwich supporter JamesG? Have been to Carrow Road a few times with my Dad.

I am a suffering canary (lots of joke opportunities I?m sure for all you clever and witty EDFers). Midweek home disaster against Southampton this week. Last train back to London not direct! Didn?t get home until 1.00AM. Could be playing 1st division next year!!

He is rubbish! Whenever he has dragged me to watch a saints game in the pub, he will sit chatting away to someone whilst I am forced to sit through the game, and tell him whats happening when he occasionally decides to look at the screen for a couple of minutes. Still, can't be easy for them.

"Could be playing 1st division next year!!"

Natural level for 'the budgies', James G

As much as I love an East Anglian derby, it feels wrong for Norwich to be in the same divisions as us, rather than looking up enviously from a lower league.

Come on the Town!

Keef Wrote:

> He is rubbish! Whenever he has dragged me to watch

> a saints game in the pub, he will sit chatting

> away to someone whilst I am forced to sit through

> the game, and tell him whats happening when he

> occasionally decides to look at the screen for a

> couple of minutes. Still, can't be easy for them.

Typical Sc*mhampton fan then :D

Jah Lush Wrote:

> I was at White Hart Lane the other night and Mike

> Riley had a shocker. As referees go he is very

> poor. Not the first time I've seen him have

> stinker either.

> Bentley and Woodgate were needlessly booked and

> having accumulated five booking each will now miss

> the Arsenal game. Not that we'll miss Bentley

> much.

I have to say Bentley is his own worst enemy, he started to believe his own hype when he was with us and in the end the boss said enough is enough, there's the door.