Spring babies 2015 (Due March, April, May)

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well. I think another lady, previously, was due to get an induction, so may have also had her baby, but just to say I had my second little boy, last Wednesday, at 40 weeks on the nose. Straightforward labour, home the next day. Forgot how immensely tiring it is taking care of a newborn, with a small toddler part of the mix, it really has been a crazy first few days, and will continue to be...! He is absolutely gorgeous, and his big brother, so far, seems to really have taken everything in his stride, which is a great relief!

I very likely will not make the evening catch up on the 18th...I would also be bumpless, weird! I will say again, to all the March/early mummies, once you've had your babies, we should arrange a day time catch up, with the littles in tow (or help make those still with bump, feel human, as they (im)patiently wait!)...thinking end of March/beginning of April? Would be lovely to get your thoughts on this.

Take care. x

Hi all

We've been exiled to Streatham Hill since early-December due to house refurbishment - fingers crossed we're back in before baby arrives!

This means I haven't made any meet-ups yet but I'm looking forward to managing it shortly. Sadly I can't do the 18th as husband has to work so I'll be with our daughter. However I start maternity leave on 20th March and will be in East Dulwich most days thereafter (painting an entire house - yay!) so will love to meet some people then and get a break from the painting. There hasn't been time for NCT this time round so I'm really pleased to find a way to meet other mums locally.

Looking foward to meeting you all.

Emily

Yes, congratulations, DandySandy! Hope you're all settling in well with one another.

And good luck, Emily... We're about to embark on a similar painting mission.

Have you both seen the 'Second time round spring babies' thread on here by the way? There's been one meet-up so far with first children in tow, and another one being planned too.

Also, thought I'd mention, as we haven't done NCT this time either, that there is a really good (depending on your working days/maternity leave start date) drop-in antenatal class run by a lovely midwife from King's, Nicky Harris, every Tuesday morning at the Bessemer Grange Children's Centre from 11-12. I went for the first time yesterday, when in fact I was the only one to drop in, but it only started after half term, and she is expecting more mums in the coming weeks. In any case, it meant that I had the luxury of an hour long one-to-one refresher course on childbirth (slightly terrifying!), and the chance to ask as many questions and talk about anything I wanted for as long as I liked - a luxury the NHS isn't usually in a position to give! So I'd really recommend it if you get the chance to go, even if just to complement what you're getting from your routine antenatal appointments with your own midwife.

Daisy x

Congrats DandySandy! It's started.... I'm sure we'll be hearing more news from others soon!

Table booked as usual - 7pm, Weds 18th March - EDT - under name of Ginny - area at the back right near the ladies toilets! Looking forward to another catch up.

PS - thanks Daisy re the class info - have noted to go to one in April once I start mat leave!

Ginny

Hi all

I was actually in winter babies group and had my son in December but just wanted to offer a free tens machine if anyone is interested. Pls let me know if you'd like it - I'm in dulwich village so hopefully someone can collect and make use of it!

In the meantime good luck everyone!

L

Hello, just to let you know another spring baby has arrived!

Zach was born last week via c section. All went ok and we're home now. Think it will be a little while before I can venture out as need to recover from the op - am pretty immobile at the moment, but hoping I will be back to normal soon. Zach's older brother Oscar has been great so far - welcoming, helpful and gentle, hopefully that will continue!

Anyway, I will join you all for future meet ups as soon as I can.

Hope everyone's well and bumps are growing nicely. Look forward to hearing news of other arrivals soon,

Ruth x

UKdeal there is another thread for second time round mums further down the page for park meetups etc. with older toddlers in tow. A couple of dates have been put forward and would be lovely to see you. We post here and crash the bigger meetups without children too though. :-)

Hi all, congrats Ruth, welcome UKdealguide!

Good to see some of you last week, numbers down a bit as to be expected as some due dates are here!

For those of you on mat leave already - do suggest some meet up dates, then the rest of us can join in once we're off work (or even now if you happen to pick days the part-timers don't work). 4 weeks left at work for me (and counting...!) ;o)

Hopefully the weather will be kind giving us a good Spring and Summer to help us meet up outdoors more to accommodate numbers!

Hope to see many of you soon and good luck to those due any day!

Ginny

Well done and Congratulations, Ruth!

And mooncake - I am in exactly the same position (inc. due roughly the same time by the sounds of it)! Taking SO much longer to get baby things ready this time around when they have to be dug out of the loft and thoroughly cleaned and laundered again! Praying for some sunnier weather to help me out drying and airing things outside when I get the chance!

Hope to meet up with some mums and bumps/babies/toddlers soon. Obviously happy to go East Dulwich-wards (being always happy to align myself with the goings on on the brilliant EDF!), but if there are any others who, like me, are in fact based more Herne Hill/North Dulwich way please shout if you would like a meet-up in any of our local haunts!

Daisy x

Congratulations and well done Ruth! Wishing you a speedy and comfortable recovery.

Just before I went into labour, I too got lost in a parallel world of little and abundant baby clothes washing; finding it all again, washing it up and folding all those little things (then perhaps extra nesty of me, boxing them in size order, until required!), took up the last few weeks of the pregnancy. My husband also steam cleaned all the carpets, plus had to get the building work to a point of natural hiatus. Needs must, I guess, but quite the task with a toddler in tow. Good luck with it all Daisy and Moon...nearly there!

Also Daisy, I am based in North Dulwich and once the newborn zombie state has passed, it would be great to do something this side, amongst the other meetings.

Hope everyone is well. x

Congratulations to all newborns! I'm not due until May so still have some time especially for another meet up.

I couldn't make the last one as have yoga on a Wednesday, anyone up for a Tuesday EDT in April? How about the 14th?

Kelly x

Hello to all local mamas and congrats on your babies.

I am a local baby photographer and currently looking for NEWBORN MODELS. Sorry to intrude on your posts but thought you would actually like the opportunity to get your newborn baby photographed for free through my NEWBORN MODEL CALL.

Please see details in attached image. or contact me on 07715213951 or via email: [email protected]

Available dates are as follows: 29th March, 3rd April, 5th April.

The sessions are complimentary and include 3 images of your own choice.

I am looking forward to hearing from you all!

Lenka

• 3 weeks later...