Any idea where to go for cocktails?

Robert Poste's Child

If cocktails are the main event then it makes sense to pay a bit extra for something decent? A good cocktail in East Dulwich is now easily ?8 to ?10 so you'll pay more up west with the classic hotel bars (Savoy, Ritz etc) easily doing ?15 mark upwards. But you'll get some snacks and white gloved service for that and on the plus side you'll only want two at the strength they mix them.

If it's in the ?10 to ?15 mid range price per drink my picks for Central would be:

- The Langham Hotel just north of Oxford Circus

- Skylon in the Royal Festival Hall which has lounge tables close to the bar just for drinkers. And a view of the river.

- Brasserie Zedel has the bar Americain and is also fun https://www.brasseriezedel.com

darn it..it will be ages before I get back to any of these places again....have fun...

The bar at Duck and Waffle at the top of the Heron Tower nr Liverpool St Station.

Amazing views, excellent drinks, reasonable prices. If you get peckish the food is also excellent. I hear good things about the bar in Centrepoint too - imagine the views are equally stunning.

http://duckandwaffle.com/menus/cocktails/

http://www.paramount.uk.net/restaurant-bar/

For something Bourbon based and good fun

Pitt Cue Co on Newburgh Street, just off back of Carnaby Street

Then downstairs at Ember Yard is quite different, more intimate Spanish/Basque

Or Big Easy got voted the best BIG BAR in London

It's on Maiden lane , back of Covent Garden, it's pretty sparkly