Dating Disaster

jaybee82

Well we got on pretty well at the work drinks where I actually met her, and she wasn't smashed then. I did do a runner, and I do feel bad about it - I'm sure there was more that I could have done but didnt feel comfortable rooting through her bag/phone to contact friends etc.

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just for the record, I was only being light

> hearted, but I bet it crossed a few minds.

>

> As for "wouldn't that be rape", I don't think so,

> she as an adult got herself in to whatever state

> she was in, and if she consented to a bunk up,

> then it's not rape. Had jaybee82 met her sober,

> and purposely gotten her off her tits, then I

> think that would be a different matter.

>

> She may have woken up in the morning with regrets,

> but I think it would be very harsh to call it rape

> if she was up for it at the time (and he'd done

> nothing to mess with her head).

>

> Of course I am no legal expert, and may be talking

> absolute nonsense!

Keef - Not sure I agree with your point of view that as he didn't get her drunk, then it wouldn't be rape if she consented but regretted it afterwards (and he had done nothing to mess with her head), compared to if he got her drunk himself....

It sort of (and I am not implying it should) gives an excuse to anyone who commits date rape, or any dodgy taxi driver who may well claim, "I didn't get her drunk and she did consented to sex in a lonly dark car park because she was drunk (Subtext 'but can't remember if she did or didn't consent because she was drunk at the time')"

Not sure I support your view or ethics on this one.

jaybee82 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> OK, so I'm now being portrayed as the male

> predator in a rape scenario!! Happy days :-S

The way this forum?s going at the moment you will probably be a racist, homophobe and possible neo Nazi conspirator by the end of the day.

I would have called my friend (who had set the whole thing up), and got them to help. Maybe taken her home between the two of us (no, not like that, bbw!)

Not judging you jaybee82... but I wouldn't have felt comfortable leaving her in a state where she couldn't look after herself. Although I would have been totally pissed off with her.

Not judging you jaybee82 - honestly don't know what I would have done. In truth, I really don't know if I would have done more than you. The only thing I can say for sure is that I would have wanted the floor to open up and swallow me. Easy to say things in retrospect but hindsight is always 20:20 isn't it.