Richer Sounds shop on Lordship Lane

foxyarchie

This is in danger of being lounged... I just wanted to add a) that the hifi shop near the EDD always looks a bit more like a car radio showroom (the perspex and excessive neon puts me off) and b) OK, so gold-plated connectors may be a valid choice explained by oxidation, but how on earth can you justify _directional_ cables?

: P

Pierre Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> that the hifi shop near the EDD

> always looks a bit more like a car radio showroom

> (the perspex and excessive neon puts me off)

Yep... it does look a bit off-putting doesn't it? And last time I went in there, the stock seemed a bit limited (but it was a while ago).

I must pop in here, Julian Richer was one of my best friends for ages, and started selling hi-fi from home at 13. He proves the point if you sell good stuff cheap and look after your staff you will do well and I bet he hasn't suffered much from the credit crunch. He should now be giving lessons to others in how to do the same as he has, it's very simple. If you treat the customers and staff like friends rather than enemies they will look after you. I've worked in other shops and the attitude is rarely the same as his.

Kindsbury David wrote,

If you treat the customers and staff like friends rather than enemies they will look after you. I've worked in other shops and the attitude is rarely the same as his.

Yes KD but there is an old saying that goes "you scratch my back and I'll stab yours".

Agreed they have always been great for customer service which is a big part of why they have done well. That along with very aggressively priced kit. With regards to the margin and comments about "brands you have heard of" they actually own several of the brands they sell themselves e.g. Cambridge Audio, Mordant Short, Opus to name a few. They own a separate company to manage this side of the business and to look after the export markets. With margins so tight in the audio/electronics industry for a few years now owning the brand and exclusivity is a great way to go.

Richer Sounds is one of the best shops in the country, pure and simple. They sell high quality products at prices which are literally unbeatable. All the gear in my house was bought there at some point or another.

What's with all these comparisons with Netto? So because a place is cheap it is considered "low class" by some people.

What kind of clown would go out of their way to pay more to buy a product from another shop with better "social status"?

Such people really need to get over their pathetic and pretentious aspirational insecurities. Nobody is impressed.

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> dbboy Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Whereabouts on LL are richer sounds going to

> be?

>

> In between M&S and Waitrose.

xxxxxx

:))