Summer babies club (due June, July, August 2015)

Hi

Congratulations to all of you! I have a lot of baby's clothes (to give away) and baby equipment (baby gym, bouncer, lamp, sling and pushchair travel system). All in mint condition. If someone is interested please PM me and I can give you more info.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All. There is a meeting planned for this evening at 7.30pm at the 'Actress' pub on Christalpalace Rd. Unfortunately I won't be able to come as my husband is away with work and I need to look after my 3 year old son.

Have fun!

Michaela

• 4 weeks later...

Hello yummy mummies and congratulations to those of you that have had your babies already!

Would love to meet if there is anything planned? Could someone let me know what the Facebook group is called or add me please? My email address is [email protected]

Otherwise, if nothing has already been arranged, would anyone be keen to meet up over the next few weeks?

Look forward to meeting you and bubbas soon ☺️

Hi there

I am a bit late to the party but so glad to have found this group! Have I caught you before you have gone into labour I wonder?!

Anyway, I am due mid August with my second and would love to meet a few more mummies round the ED area. My first is a little girl who turned 2 in May.

If there is a facebook group or any meet ups happening locally, I'd love to come along and say hello.

Sarah x

Hi all,

The Summer babies are coming thick and fast at the moment (my own included!) so sorry if I haven't got around to answering PMs or adding people to the Facebook group - everything is one handed at the moment!We have been very active and during the last six moths have met regularly. Next one is a picnic tomorrow at the Horniman, 12.30pm at the band stand. For bumps, babies and toddlers.

xx

If anyone is wanting to join an Early Days Postnatal Course the NCT runs these regularly in East Dulwich (and other areas).

The courses are for parents of babies aged 2 weeks to 6 months (with their baby/ies) and are a great way to meet other parents in a non-judgemental environment to explore what you thought being a parent would be like vs. the reality!

The feedback is really good from these courses, and it gives you an opportunity to discuss things which you may not have thought of with a qualified and experienced NCT Practitioner.

Courses have been running in East Dulwich for several years. Contact Alison: [email protected] for more info.

Also look at main NCT website: www.nct.org.uk

All the best,

Pip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone, I had my second baby in June. I hope your babies are better sleepers than mine (feeds hourly after midnight). *yawn* I am desperate for tips for juggling a toddler and a new baby. When is the next meet up as I recently moved to the area?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there

Coming to this very late as I've only just found the thread! I've a two-week old baby and would love to meet up with other new mums in the area.

Look forward to hearing about the next meet up,

Popaye

PS - Please feel free to PM me

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I'm new to East Dulwich too and have a three week old - interested in meeting up. Not sure how I join the "mailing list"! Will be trying the Big Scream at the picturehouse on Wednesday morning if anyone else is too, first outing with baby xx

NCT DULWICH & DISTRICT BUMPS AND BABIES group is back ...

Our informal monthly group for mums and babies /toddlers starts on Wednesday16th September from 10-11.30am at the Dish and The Spoon cafe Cheltenham Road SE15 3AF.

Further dates are :

Wednesday 16th October, Wednesday 11th November and Wednesday 9th December

The group is a relaxed friendly drop in for ALL

Hope to see you there

Any further info email [email protected]

Ladies,

Here is list of local events which I received from our NCT early days instructor:

in:

Sept 16 NCT Bumps and Babies Group starts at The Dish and Spoon Caf? 10-11.30 am. The address is Cheltenham Road, SE15 3AF. More details on The NCT Dulwich and District facebook page. Hope to see you there. The group meets once a month.

Sept 18 NCT D&D branch meeting in the Snug at The Grand Union Pub in SE5 8RE, just up the road from the Crooked Well, so that?s very close to home for some of you! Meet at 7.30 to hear all about what the branch is doing and where you can help out. Even if you can only post something on fb, or turn up to a Nearly New Sale then you will be supporting the local branch of the NCT! I will be there on the 18th so you will recognise someone, maybe invite a friend to come along, and treat it as a night out?!

Sept 19th NCT Red Cross Baby First Aid course. Last few spaces available for these great courses. To book on go to the NCT Dulwich and District fb page

Nov 14th NCT Nearly New Sale: look for more details on the fb page or main NCT website

The next Introducing solids workshop is Sept 25, see attached flyer. To book on contact: [email protected] you can find out more about all of the NCT courses and workshops on the main NCT website: www.nct.org.uk

The next NCT Returning to Work Workshop is in November in East Dulwich, again contact [email protected] to find out more and book on. Flyer attached.

The next NCT Early Days Postnatal Course for parents with babies aged 2 weeks to 6 months will be starting on Sept 28. This is a 6 week course, flyer attached. The usual contact is [email protected] You know all about this course, feel free to forward information to friends who may be interested.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I just wanted to recommend for all mummies out there wanting to get fit the mummy boxing classes run by Simone from Mind Over Matter [www.mindovermatterboxing.co.uk]. I was in the Spring babies group which is no longer used so thought I would share with you all instead.

Her classes are held next to Sainsbury's at Dulwich Hamlet football club . The classes are great if you have little ones to look after and don't have time to get to the gym. My little one is almost 6 months and is very happy rolling around playing on the mat whilst I work up a sweat. I was nervous at first taking her along to a class but Simone is really welcoming and accommodating to children of all ages, if baby is crying she is happy for you to attend to them - she's even assisted rocking my little one to sleep in the pushchair whilst I carried on training. Everyone in the class is friendly and I'm so glad I have finally found something i can do without feeling guilty that I'm not with my baby.

The classes are never repetitive and always challenging.

• 5 weeks later...