Local Carpenter - Langley Carpentry

IBR

• 2 weeks later...
Another recommendation for Elliot! He's just finished installing fitted wardrobes and floating shelves in my house, and I'm really pleased with the result. As well as a great finished product, he is also punctual, tidy, very good at communicating, and a very nice guy. Would definitely use him for any carpentry jobs I might have in future.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm thinking of using Elliot for quite a considerable amount of work. Can I be a bit cheeky and ask if anyone would mind me seeing some of his work. I've seen lots of pictures but it's not quite the same as seeing in the flesh. Many thanks

Another very positive review for Elliot. We found him via this website and have been so pleased with the alcove units and floating shelves he did for our living room. We have since had him back to do some floating shelves in a little bedroom and it is all great. He is courteous, tidy, reliable and does a very nice job - what more can you ask?!

• 5 weeks later...
To echo all of the positive reviews already here. Elliot recently put in some alcove shelves and cupboards, he's a nice guy and very easy to work with from the outset, took his time to go through the design and totally flexible as I changed things throughout the build. Really pleased with the end result and at a fair and competitive price.

• 2 months later...

... and another +1 for Elliot. Although firstly thanks to the EDF for the recommendation here in the first place.

Elliot recently replaced all 11 doors in my house, and built some new under-stair cupboards.

He said he'd be there at 8am on the Monday, and was on the doorstep at 7.59. After that he worked his way through the house and despite the fact that there isn't a straight line or right angle in the whole place finished on schedule and to a very high level of quality. Doors that close! Ooooooh!

Skilled, thoughtful and tidy it was a pleasure to just give him a set of keys and let him get on with it.

Also a big +1 for Andriy, the decorator who Elliot recommended and who I understand usually does the painting once Elliot has finished with the joinery. He decorated the whole house top to bottom, including all the new doors, on his own, and did a fantastic job. That's also the first time I've been presented with receipts from builder's merchants only to see re-useables like gloves carefully struck out and deducted from the total - Andriy is super-scrupulous :-)

Cheers,

Guy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can highly recommend Elliot for carpentry work. I needed some very large, bespoke wardrobes made for my bedroom and a large cupboard built in my kitchen. Elliot listened carefully to what I wanted and made me some beautiful wardrobes that really suit my period property and the kitchen cupboard blends very well with my existing kitchen cupboards.

Elliot was punctual, caring of my property, really tidy, a genuinely nice guy and trustworthy. Because I work full time I gave Elliot my spare keys and he just let himself in every day and got on with the work.

I?m really delighted with my beautifully crafted and professionally painted wardrobes and cupboard - thank you Elliot!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with all of these reviews.

Elliot just finished installing shelves and cupboards in our living room. We have refurbished the whole flat over the course of a year, and Elliot was by far the most professional, polite, punctual, careful tradesman. He was a joy to talk to, listened carefully and did a fantastic job. I'd recommend him to anyone needing any carpentry done. Wish we'd found him sooner!

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
Elliot has just built some alcove units for us after I found his info on this forum. I couldn't be happier, the shelves and cabinets are beautiful and Elliot was such a pleasure to have in my home. I can recommend him not only for the excellent quality of his work, but he also works quickly and is a lovely guy, very discreet and neat and tidy! Happy to share photos if anyone would like to see our finished product.

• 2 weeks later...
Elliot is great. He is really lovely, and very keen to ensure you are 100% happy with any work he is doing for you. He's really reliable, punctual and also v v tidy. He was a pleasure to have in our home. He was great at talking through ideas with me, and very quick to send through a quote too. Whilst fitting some shelves in our wardrobe, he had to paint a small section he wasn't planning to, so ended up painting that whole side so that it didn't look out of place. He really takes pride in his work and won't leave until you are completely happy with what he has done. I've had him back since and again, he was great. Quick, tidy and just a genuinely lovely guy.

• 3 months later...
Elliot has just fitted a new front door for me and his work was excellent. He was very patient in answering our endless questions and he responded very quickly to any emails and sent through a really clear quote in a timely fashion. He talked us through every stage and always arrived on time and when the door was being painted he popped back to check on the work and progress. Elliot was an absolute pleasure to deal with and to have around the house. He's very respectful of your home and time and I cannot recommend him enough. I will absolutely use him for my next carpentry need.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Another strong recommendation for Elliot!

On the strength of the reviews here we commissioned Elliot to make and install some wall-to-wall fitted bookshelves, and were delighted with the result. Elliot was efficient, reliable and highly professional throughout the whole process of quoting and scheduling the work: he not only completed the project ahead of schedule, he gave us a discount on the final invoice because the work had gone more quickly than anticipated.

The shelving is beautifully made and Elliot's work is of very high quality. Highly recommended!

• 1 month later...
Another very positive review for Elliot. We found him on here after reading the thread and asked him to build some fitted bookcases for our alcoves. He did a really great job - they look absolutely fantastic and are exactly what we had in mind. He is also a really nice guy and very efficient, helpful, and reliable. I am sure we will use him again!

• 1 month later...
Excellent experience using Elliot to hang 5 heavy internal doors, and make some cupboard doors for us. Like others reviewing his work we found him friendly, punctual, trustworthy and reasonably priced whilst giving a high quality product. We will definitely use his services again.

• 2 months later...
Another recommendation for Elliot. He?s just fitted some alcove cupboards and shelves for us, as well as some doorway thresholds, and they look fantastic. His work is of a really high quality and he obviously takes a lot of pride in what he does. He was punctual, tidy, reasonably priced and a real pleasure to work with.

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to post another recommendation for Elliot. He did a great job of creating two sets of alcove cabinets in our dining room (with slide out draws for computer keyboards), as well as a wardrobe and shelves in our child's bedroom.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, just a quick update - I've not posted many pictures recently so have just got round to doing a job lot, please check out the following link to see what I've been up to...

https://www.facebook.com/Langley-Carpentry-Joinery-1753646171540042/?hc_ref=ARScwFn7XY9hP8Ym-Yn9Jg9PFm_Jq7Chkal4Kp_fP4h8cr2w7X9AwUY_nr4f-BeWadw

Or search 'Langley Carpentry & Joinery' on Facebook if link doesn't work.

Thanks again for all the support and such positive feedback!

• 1 month later...
Elliot helped us replace an external door. He was extremely helpful in offering advice and suggestions and very prompt, efficient and professional in his communications. He provided a clear and reasonable quote and followed through with an excellent job in quick time. He disposed of the old door at very reasonable rate and even offered to dispose our old sash windows (our other contractor was not as helpful...). I would definitely recommend his services. Thanks again Elliot!