How do you define British culture?

Crona

You could argue the toss and provide thousands of words that would not have sufficient gravitas amd depth to describe British culture

It is better to identify a moment in time, a happening, an event that are a better fit as answer

I nominate The nightly massed piss taking of facile septic turdster David Blane every night for a month at London bridge.

This would not have happened in any other country of the world

FelicityNormal Wrote:

Negativity.........I positively disagree with this, for starters..

Greyness in terms of complexion, spirit and weather...... our complexion is getting darker, our spirit is indominitable and it was 57 Degrees t'other day, in February!

Soggy food........Some of the greatest variety in The World in London to choose from.(Not all "British" though)...:))

Bizarre, unfounded sense of superiority.....Well we did produce the finest Legal Document of them all, The Magna Carta nearly 800 years ago in Runnymede and by the 16th Century we had the Finest Universities in the World (with The Sorbonne) and The "Mother Of All Parliaments and The finest Theatres in the World.

The ratio of the things we invented to our population, compared to any other Nation was, at one time, the highest in The World, I would have thought, by some distance.

Sarcasm....Nah! Satire, oddball, dark, dry,deadpan, black and a myriad of other types of humour can be found in Britain, generally acknowledged as the Home Of Comedy Worldwide through the latter part of the 20th Century.

Apathy....Can't be bothered to reply to that...

Dampness and moistness......Our Men CAN be "damp".Our Women, lets leave it there, shall we...

Enjoyment of seeing others fail.....Schadenfreude! That word suggests other Nations posses the same trait....

FelicityNormal Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Negativity

> Greyness in terms of complexion, spirit and

> weather

> Soggy food

> Bizarre, unfounded sense of superiority

> Sarcasm

> Apathy

> Dampness and moistness

> Enjoyment of seeing others fail

I take it you're half Welsh half Scottish Felicity.