And the award for Best Customer Service goes to.. ?

*Bob*

Jeremy

opposite the library at top of LL are (in order from the corner)

Country Spray - florist

Redapple - Newsagents (pretty friendly actually - add to list)

** Vals grocers **

Chemist (assuredly NOT on the friendly list)

Costcutter - strange one this - lots of people, always super friendly to me, and the owner is a gent - but feels odd

DVR - estate agent

Badger Bakery

Think I missed a beauty/therapy place (but wouldn't if it disappeared - ho ho)

The Singhara (beauty place) is great. I go there regularly for Thai massage and highly reccommend it. It does look a bit like a dodgy sauna from the outside but is completely kosher and you can always get an appointment on the same day (in the week anyway).

It's opposite the library, more or less. The big library, not the little Grove Vale one. Between the florists (who are also great) and the newsagents, I think. It's the one with lots of veg outside.

EDIT: hang about, how come so many posts appeared between what I just read and what I posted? Did I miss a whole page or something? For clarity's sake, I'm describing Val's.

Ooh like this thread, don't know where to start.

SMBS are always helpful about random foods I want as are

Dulwich 'Supermarket'

Also like

Health matters (because he holds the door open for my buggy)

Ros in Review

And you may laugh

Cafe Nero as they always say hello to my little girl

Also, another Bellenden nomination

the girls in Fenton Walsh as they are like personal shoppers and never make you but anything but are so helpful

Its all very well this voting for the Best Customer Service blady blagh - but really guys, Ralon?!? the guy in there is a notoriously miserable, stingy sourpuss. Never lets you touch ANYTHING, even if its wrapped. Cant remember EVER being smiled at in there at all!!! Probably could take the award for Worst Customer Service.

Roullier White staff are ALWAYS cheerful, and very helpful. I was in there last weekend feeling miserable and came out smiling, after a very helpful and entertaining chat with their lovely staff - Brilliant. Hope and Greenwood - fab and always patient with children. Mr Pretty and staff - relentlessly amazing. Health Matters are good too, although sometimes look at one with an air of superiority. SMBS - those boys are just gorgeous. Somerfield need to give their staff free deodorant. Not the most fragrant of places. Cafe Nero staff are nice too.

marigold Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Its all very well this voting for the Best

> Customer Service blady blagh - but really guys,

> Ralon?!? the guy in there is a notoriously

> miserable, stingy sourpuss. Never lets you touch

> ANYTHING, even if its wrapped. Cant remember EVER

> being smiled at in there at all!!! Probably could

> take the award for Worst Customer Service.

In a perverse way that's why I like it, the staff are so at odds with good customer service and the opposite of many other shops that it amuses me that they still survive selling what is a fairly small range of stationery.

I shall continue to purchase my ream of paper there every 2 months or so