And the award for Best Customer Service goes to.. ?

*Bob*

I would second the card shop just down from Somerfields. Both the guy who owns it and his wife are always friendly and smiling.

Also, Bells are fantastic. I went in there a while ago stressed out to the max about trying to get a shower fitted when the plumber had installed the mixer far too high up the wall - blah, blah - anyway, not only did they come up with a solution but they also made me laugh which was much needed that day.

i really cannot see the positives of Petit Choux. Microwaved pastries with the biggest flies you've ever seen. Noisy (& just plainly awful furniture). Cramped. You sit ontop of your neighbour. impossible to go in there to have a private or even semi-private conversation. Staff chat amongst themselves.... nah, not many positives that I can see. its a shame, because its right in the middle of the Lane - a prime position. Please Mr Petit Choux - a comfortable refit please? You could be SO much better! It tops 'the most uncomfortable and un-aesthetically pleasing eating place in ED'.

and another thing, how about the ladies at Moo Too keeping their door 'open' ?? I am sure they are alienating an awful lot of potential customers just by keeping their very heavy and hard to open door closed. and Be happy! they all seem so desperate for sales, they look so worried and stressed. Cheer up ladies!

oh, yes, and one more thing (gripe?). Congratulations on Filmnight/Apollo for saving themselves from closure - but.... how about a policy of No Smoking in the back room ?! It filters out onto the shop floor and is quite disgusting!

if I am deviating a bit from the Award Ceremony that this Thread is following - I apologise.

>>Anyone mentioned the lovely lovely people who work in Paine and Hunter?<<

Good one! My reading glasses were given an emergency repair free of charge by the very helpful lady in there.

But kudos too to Prettys and William Rose - the latter seem to employ about 9 people behind the counter and every last one of them is helpful and friendly....

Hope and Greenwood

Neverending Story Bookshop

Pretty Traditional

The greek shop/deli/'supermaket' across from EDD

Review Bookshop in Bellenden

Peitout in Bellenden

Cake shop on Saturdays on Bellenden Road, 157 i think

oh and controversially, I'll also add Cafe Nero - staff always friendly and quirky, whenever me or the sprog has spilled something, they've been very gracious and clean up without sighing or being narky. When I was sitting down, one staff member clearing up noticed that my coffee had over-spilled over unto the saucer and offered to make me another one.

Slightly off the manor, but the staff in Buddha Jazz are absolutely fantastic - as is the food, to go off topic yet further. That place deserves far more custom. And the lot at the Phoenix are a good laugh as well (and one of their dads used to manage the Human League). It's been enough to shift my eating/boozing fulcrum a few yards up the hill towards SE5.

Back in the homelands, I'd agree about Tandoori Nights and the Mirash.

well you're talking my patch flong. I've championed Buddha Jazz here even though it's the wrong SE, but I agree the service is just wonderful and personal in there. Although these days I pretty much have to book as it's usually choca.

If we can mention no LL businesses then the George Canning gets a vote to. Steve *I'm mentally doing a bad geordie accent* is a top bloke, he even witnessed our deeds, and the current crop of barmaids are just lovely.

"Val's" is the grocers opposite Dulwich Library, and Nisha is fabulous; I buy my office's weekly milk supply from her each week and I think she is wonderful.

Also: William Rose

Dulwich DIY

Mr Boo

Hope & Greenwood

The picture framers

Franklin's

Tandoori Nights (my brother used to be offered free meals there because the staff thought he looked like the owner's nephew).

ED Deli

Walsh Glazing

Just been in Val's and told Nisha about her popularity on the EDF. She was delighted and punched the air with joy. Unfortunately she does not use the internet, so won't be able to see all the nice things that have been said about her. Nero

This thread works! I used to walk past Val's. Went in today. Good quality veg, very friendly, and Nisha promised to start stocking Masala Tea for me. Thanks to everyone who recommended it. I will now be in two or three times a week. Honorable mention to Plough DIY as well. Most tolerant and knowledgeable DIY shop I?ve ever known.