Hoax callers

willnewell

I had a very nasty problem with nuisance calls last year... I know it might not sound that scary until you have experienced it... however, a horrid sinister, fake psycho voice and vile things said can really throw you.

I called the BT Nuisance Call Bureau, they put a trace on my phone and recommended I reported it to the police, they then managed to trace the caller and find out where they were calling from as well as the name of the person on the bill...

The police, who were also amazing, (I thought they might think I was making a fuss about nothing but no... they told me that 'mental abuse' which it comes under, is taken as seriously as physical abuse now and can receive a prison sentence of up to 6mth) caught the guy. It was someone I met once at a friends' house over dinner... he seemed fairly normal but turned out to be a nasty little screwed up nutter! He, of course denied it, but as he lives alone and the calls were made from his address, it was pretty clear who it was! The police visited and gave him a tough time and an official warning, and told him it was now on record that nuisance calls were made from his phone, and that his name, address and number were now on the nuisance calls register.

Result!!!

End of phone calls!!!

The police encouraged me to make a statement and pursue it though official channels, as generally once a person has been caught, they do not continue to abuse other people...

I recommend that you report it...

BT Nuisance Call Bureau: 0800 411422