The 124 Lordship Lane eyesore

Talking of dereliction

Someone had a ladder up the burnt out shop front that used to be

Greggs and the shop next door in Rye Lane today.

It's only been 4 years since the riots and someones having a look :).

If Louisa and DF had their way, every shop front down Lordship Lane would look like that.

I agree though, just one shop front like that doesn't bother me. Whoever lives there has to put up with the stench of dead animal from the one side and dry cleaning chemicals from the other, so I'd be inclined to cut them some slack!

But then again, who actually knows why the building is like that? - it could be the old lady, or some grasping relative, or something completely different.

Ms Blueberry Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've privately been made aware of the situation

> and it's not as innocent as a nice little old lady

> exercising her 'live and let live' rights.

>

> It's about another person trying to making as much

> money as possible at the expense of the community,

> your community.

>

> However, there's nothing to be done here. So

> enjoy 124 in its current state while it lasts.

Perhaps you could tell us more, Ms Blueberry?

robbin Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If Louisa and DF had their way, every shop front

> down Lordship Lane would look like that.

Why did you find it necessary to include your little snide comment..?

It was totally unnecessary and uncalled for.

I respect the area I have lived in for the majority of my life..

Then you go on to add that the state of the place doesn't bother you..

DulwichFox

Ms Blueberry's original post was rather over-the-top, but nevertheless I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to prevent their properties falling into complete decay.

"not derelict"? Well it bloody looks it, and has done for at least 15 years. If I lived nearby it would bother me. And if I was the owner/tenant/landlord/greedyrelative/etc, I would be embarrassed.

If it really is a penniless little old lady living there, then why not ask for some volunteers to tidy it up?

Agree with Jeremy.

Also, I do love the way that people create a narrative to fit their position. One minute it's a poor defenseless old lady fighting against a tide of vicious gentrifiers, the next it's undisclosed dark forces of greed and corruption. Does anyone actually know the true situation?

Don't think I have used the term blow-in. Might of slipped the term in somewhere incidently.

Had never heard the term until seeing it on here.

So don't know if it's a blow-in but Lush Designs sells things that are nice and useful...

... and not taking over something that was already there. Its designs are unique.

Where else on L.L. could I buy a Foxy mug and Tea Towels. ?

Foxy

It would be wrong to assume anyone is penniless in this situation.

It may also be wrong to assume the owner is aware of the state of the shop. I am giving the owner the benefit of the doubt and will assume that if she saw the place now, she would be mortified.

Greed of others is behind the decay, and decay spreads easily. We are all responsible for the community we live in. Good community fights the rot.

I don't know what James Barber posted (as it appears to have been removed), but assuming it was the name of the registered owner of the land then I think you should lay off him, because that would not be confidential information - it is in the public domain, available to all on any search at the Land Registry. I could find out online in 30 seconds who the registered proprietor is, provided the land is registered.