The 124 Lordship Lane eyesore

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> James didn't post anything particularly personal

> and certainly not offensive. People just quick to

> jump on anything.

It was personal information . James Barber did the right thing to delete it from his post .

Next to a butchers? I won't be going there! Imagine sitting outside on a nice warm day having a coffee with the stench of death wafting over you.

Mmmm lovely.

I suspect it won't be a coffee shop - or at least not for long.

robbin Wrote:

> Next to a butchers? I won't be going there!

> Imagine sitting outside on a nice warm day having

> a coffee with the stench of death wafting over

> you.

Oh come now, some of the people in the queue for Rose's are quite young.

edhistory Wrote:

> Otta Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > James didn't post anything particularly

> personal

>

> You would post something like this about one of

> your clients?

>

> John Kennedy

Unless I missed something, I never saw anything that I thought was out of order or told me anything about these people that would help me to identify them.

I think JB wasn't wildly out of order but given who owns it is a matter of public record, some of the medical type information that was disclosed was not appropriate for a public forum. I would share that information with an individual casually but I was surprised to see it posted on the internet about someone.

Just sayin'....

Anyway, he thought about it and removed it, which is fine. We all misjudge things at times (I know I do!)

Otta Wrote:

> Unless I missed something, I never saw anything

> that I thought was out of order or told me

> anything about these people that would help me to

> identify them.

I don't think the concern was about identifying someone per se. There was a disclosure relating to personal sensitive data as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.

Maybe rather than focusing on the little old ladies house working out the when/how it will be made pretty we should be discussing the real eyesore of the old police station.

That ugly building has a far greater impact on Lordship Lane and I would say 124 even in its less than ideal state is more attractive :)

HI Robbin,

I didn't, I needed to tweak my post slightly and was short of time.

I've contacted, and they've agreed in principle, the person who owns this sites representative for volunteers to tidy up the front. But have yet to agree the details. One idea is to see it perhaps we could get the street artists project to help with this which could be amazing.

James Barber Wrote:

> One idea is to see it perhaps

> we could get the street artists project to help

> with this which could be amazing.

Nice idea, James. (inevitably some people would complain, but it has to be an improvement!)

James Barber Wrote:

One idea is to see it perhaps

> we could get the street artists project to help

> with this which could be amazing.

Yes, great idea!!