The Barry Road Race - Saturday 13th June 2009 13:00

Seanmlow:

Indeed last year was a good event and hope to see you on this years run. A hurdle was considered at the Barry Off Licence this year - bit like in the steeplechase but the hurdle would have been some form of short and a barsnack!

Instead of water sponges, beer sponges are required for the event although once running commences and the thought of another pint and a short at the clockhouse becomes a reality the last thing I needed last year was another "iso" tonic drink on the run!

• 4 weeks later...

Good Morning Sports Fans,

This mornings note is just a gentle reminder that next Saturday 13th June sees the 2nd Barry Barry Road Race back in action for another year. Hopefully your training has gone according to plan and we are now all able to down pints and run for 0.8 miles without breaking a sweat or being sick. Lovely Jubbly.

For those who are planning on attending could you please repl or pp me back and let me know if you are running or supporting (also known as professionally drinking). It'd be good to get an idea of numbers and of course we need volunteers for support staff (people who get the 2nd lot of drinks in).

The die hard competitors amongst us will be meeting at the Plough at 12pm for a thorough warm up (at least 2 pints) with the starters gun planned to go off at 1pm.

Hope to see you on the starting line

Bary Barry Bob

Surf Bob

Been putting the miles in and pounding the roads. Slight peevers elbow was encountered on last saturday training run but will defo be in plough fir noon to undertake some warm up drills.

Plan on keeping my poweder dry for the first half mile then finish with a flourish.

Another Barry day beckons.

Cheers and CHARGE......................

EK famous for 2 things.

1. Making the jump and sticking the landing. 2. Making the jump and failing to stick the landing. As you well know SurfBob, my failure to stick the landing looks like winning this bout. Unlikely to run but will be there for the full session. May enter the HMB class and walk it slowly.

Too many bones.

Final training runs completed, bulking up on bar snacks now.

Can debate the shot in pint approach during the pre race warm ups.

Nice to see the council have been out and trimmed back the trees on the route for the Run.

Last years champion runner will be back to defend the Barry Bear, wonder if station master Barry is about saturday so Barry can present the Barry Bear to the Barry Barry Run champion athlete for 2009. Now, that would be Barry.

Good luck and all the best in sport. Its been a punishing schedule but I'm confident to beat my PB of last year. Throughout my build up the words of my mentor kept popping into my head:

"life is like an ashtray, full of little doubts"

Lasers set tae malky!..........

So I could present to myself you mean!!

Joking aside, I would love to attend this event, maybe good to meet a few people and have a beer!..... as an added bonus to the winner there will be a pair of tickets to anywhere on the south coast (southern route)courtesy of Southern Railway

Barry

Help-Ma-Boab Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Final training runs completed, bulking up on bar

> snacks now.

>

> Can debate the shot in pint approach during the

> pre race warm ups.

>

> Nice to see the council have been out and trimmed

> back the trees on the route for the Run.

>

> Last years champion runner will be back to defend

> the Barry Bear, wonder if station master Barry is

> about saturday so Barry can present the Barry Bear

> to the Barry Barry Run champion athlete for 2009.

> Now, that would be Barry.

>

> Good luck and all the best in sport. Its been a

> punishing schedule but I'm confident to beat my PB

> of last year. Throughout my build up the words of

> my mentor kept popping into my head:

>

> "life is like an ashtray, full of little doubts"

>

> Lasers set tae malky!..........

Help-Ma-Boab Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Last years champion runner will be back to defend

> the Barry Bear,

Well there's no point in me turning up this year! I cam second last year and he's got no slower, and I've got no quicker...

Besides, I'm doing 20 miles the next day on the North Downs, so not up for big beers if I do turn up!

Though I do have a cunning plan in mind....

seems a stupid idea to me...can the organiser tell me if this been oked by the police? could prove dangerous for pedestrians, mothers with babies, old people etc. if no-one comes back to me i shall have to inform the police myself.

My gut tells me "marjorie" isn't really a concerned mother - but let's say that she is

Are you for real? 15 unhealthy people running .8 of a mile and you (who probably hates the government and the nanny state and health n safety) want to call the police? And report what exactly?

feck it I've changed my mind - ring them but please, can I listen??