The Barry Road Race - Saturday 13th June 2009 13:00

sorry this has turned into tech corner, but as so many people seem to be having teh same problem

I have used 4 different browsers to view the site (Firefox, Safari, Chrome and IE7) and all bar IE7 were working just fine. IE7 showed the site fine as well unless it was not maxed

I have tried the same thing on 3 different computers as well and can't replicate the problem - however there is never more than 3 pics across and most of them are on the flickr link as well so no-one should miss out

Simon - good to meet you on Saturday - do you mind if I add the video to the website?

Shucks, missed the race again, but managed to catch a little bit of the aftermath, and the glowy Allycat with her sparkler, as well as a number of other glamorous Forumites and LE's sweet dog.

And sincere apologies to Mr. Jones for my very obvious amazement when he turned out to be a very normal and nice-looking young man and not the Fat Controller. Ahem.

*resolves to spend less time watching children's television. "They're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight.."*

What a cracking event it was too. I doth doff my cap to the worthy back-to-back champion. I'm distraught at my weak finish, but have already been rethinking the strategy for next year. It's all about the run - I think Paul had almost a minute's recovery before we even showed up at the Clockhouse! It must have been the pit stop we made for a Tennent's Super at Barry Off License on our way down...

Very impressed with everyone's efforts really. Thanks again to the organisers. Loved it.

Oh what a slow eeejit I can be - I have only just twigged which runner Rowanofski is/was!

A sterling effort on your part I thought but your post did remind me that A N Other runner was so incensed at the same person winning 2 years running that he vowed, in front of witnesses to train properly EVERY day from now until next year to ensure that HE would be the one to beat Paul

Now, would it be mean to name this person in public?

Hi guys,

Hopefully you can see all the pics on Flickr now

If not try this direct link:

spacer.png

They show the build up in chronological order - from Surf bobbys arrival at The Plough at 12.24pm to the aftermath at 3.15pm

If you click "show info" on top right you can get the captions to each pic. The pause /play button for the slideshow is on the right.

If the pics dont come up click the link "back to Barry Barry Set" then select the slideshow option.

Let me know how you go....

Mr Ben (Barry Barry Press Officer)