Station Manager Corner

Hi

First of all I would like to state that this forum has been very instrumental turning around my area, listening to you the passenger has certainly helped my team and I bringing this area of South London to what I call a healthy position. We have tackled the most simple of issues to some of the more complex, we have not always got it right but we listened. My staff are more engaged, the stations cleaner, brighter and fresher and in all honesty much healthier than 15 months ago when I first started the thread.

Your kind comments, postings and private messages have certainly encouraged me to get the best for you the passenger and of course my staff. I have to state that some of your comments have been very humbling indeed and thank you all kindly for making me feel very welcome on the forum, I am pleased to see that others are now joining in, ie Mr Barber (Southwark) and the local police teams to name a couple.

However, it is with deep regret to inform you that this will be my last posting on the Station Manager Corner and will be asking the administrator to close the thread.

Please be assured that this has nothing to do with the EDF and if you remember my very first posting I stated that I do this in my own time and my comments were those of mine and not Southern's. For those issues outstanding, information screens at ED, screeching trains etc I will continue with those until they are completed.

Again thank you for your support

Best wishes

Barry

Well this os terrible, Clearly the Rail Company feels this is not a good way to proceed. Barry Has been Committing his company to work without reference to the Company Plan Etc. I can see they see risks in this. However he has shown a very effective way of responding to customer needs. They need to take the lead and show how good they are at customer engagement by introducing a similar method of keeping customers informed, educated and where possible happy. I urge them to reconsider or at least introduce a similar forum - on their own site - with guidance from Barry because this is the way they need to go. The loss of what has been an exceptional service should not be lost. I suggest that the EDf and the Railco get in talks to save this extremely valuable PR exercise, rather than just killing it off. I can try and get Southwark Council on board if that helps

Hi Barry

Thanks for all you've done, you really have made a difference to the local stations and the quality of your customer service can only be described as phenomenally brilliant. And thank you for using the forum in such as positive and useful way, it's been great having you on here and you will be sorely missed.

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Good morning, hope your all well, please find attached all services over the Xmas Period, I know its only 22nd Novemember, however I thought I would publish these now and its out of the way and you can print off if you need to.

Best wishes

Barry Jones

Area Manager

Southern Railway

Good afternoon

Apologies for delays today, this is a quick posting to inform you that Southern are experiencing severe delays and it is expected to get worse into the evening peak. Today we have had many many cancellations and delays of up to 90 minutes at London Bridge, this evening will not be any better I am afraid.

Metro services are operating with delays up to 50 minutes at the moment

We are unable to run between Crystal Palace and Beckenham Junction because of frozen points.

We are running shuttle services between Tattenham Corner and Purley and Caterham and Purley. The shuttle service will depart Tattenham Corner at 32 minutes past the hour, with the return service departing Purley at 02 minutes past the hour. The Caterham service will depart Caterham at 52 minutes past the hour, with the return service departing Purley at 22 minutes past the hour. This may also be subject to delays.

Gatwick Express services are suspended until further notice following the closure of Gatwick Airport.

South West Trains, Southeastern, First Capital Connect, London Underground, TfL buses and London Tramlink are accepting Southern tickets on all reasonable routes.

I will do what I can to update in another hour from now

Barry Jones

Area Manager

Southern

Good evening

Sorry to say the news is the same as before, up to 50 minute delays and last minute cancellations, we are doing everything in our power to get services out of London Bridge, concourse is busy but not as bad as last night. A lot of people have stayed away from work today

All stations are fully staffed in your areas to offer help and assistance where needed

Regards

Barry

Hi

For tomorrow, Southern plan to operate a full Metro service, although with more snow forecast for the next 24 hours, it is likely to again be subject to disruption, alterations and maybe some cancellations

All stations will be fully staffed in the morning to help with customer service and assistance. If you find that your ticket office is closed this will be down to staff clearing platforms of ice and snow which is a priority in respect of your safety. Please use Ticket Machines

If there are any changes to the above I will update at 2100hrs this evening and any major issues in the morning, again I will update around 0730hrs

Safe journey home

Barry