Sainsbury's

surely their stock control is computerised so as items are sold thro till it notes how many are sold compered with how many were ordered and reorders automatically as products sell . They should never run out unless a product is unavailable from the supplier and if that is so they should automatically have back up suppliers...Only if there is a national or international(don't think about the carbon footprint for the minute) shortage should they have an excuse for a product being out of stock. Yet they are ALWAYS out of stock at the busiest times of the most basic things! I have given up going at weekends cos you leave after what seems like a prison sentence without 70% of the things you went in for. If we can get a man on the moon and Susan Boyle an international singing career then surely Sainsburys can manage their stock control!!!

Also they have a nasty habit of discontinuing products for no apparant reason.

Having said that I think a majority of the frontline staff are delightful and always pleasant and friendly. There is always one who has a chip on shoulder and shouldn't interact with general public but I suppose we all have our off days!

I just wish the Sainsburys on Dog Kennel Hill stocked my favourite Banana Bread Beer as did the branch where I moved from. Anyone know of a local off-licence stocking it? I?m having to drink Tribute at home until there is a time I can replenish my supply.

gerritsmith Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> last week I bought loads of blueberries, thinking

> that they were half price @ 1.49

> Came to realise later after I had paid that the

> price label under the the stack of bluberries was

> for a different product.

> So please tell him to put price labels in

> appropriate place where the product is stacked

I was going to buy some blueberries then. Looked high and low for the price and couldn't find it. Decided not to because I thought that meant that they were rather high if the price hadn't been displayed. Also couldn't see anyone to ask. I did ask for help in finding something else in a different aisle and was astonished to be guided to where it was by a member of staff. That staff member then stayed near me to ask if there was anything else they could do. That is usually the kind of service Waitrose provides. I agree that Sainsburys is generally shambolic. I avoided it for a long time - before the refit - as everytime I went there my heart sank. I think it was due to the unpacked boxes everywhere and the managerial staff who seemed to be permanently hiding.

It might not be the right place but I'd just like to stick up for the local Sainsbury's a bit!

Each time I haven't been able to find something, the staff on the shop floor are always able to tell me where it is down to the exact shelf, and even give me recommendations (e.g. the right type of brown sugar to buy to make banana cake, and types of herbs to season salmon with), which is something I can't say for alot of other supermarkets or even department stores. The place might be a mess with boxes all over the floor, but I always get good service there.

Surprise - I agree, the staff have always been helpful and attentive in my experience. I think its hard to fault DKH Sainsubury's on this point.

However it does seem, according to most of the responses on here, that the level of service you expect from a supermarket is far from good. With Asda, Tesco's etc offering a better level of service I do wonder why DKH Sainsubrys can't match this. This is what I will seek to find out.

I might be going against the grain here on the issue of charging for a trolley, but I thought it was a good idea, if a bit inconvenient. It's stopped the lazy people who live in my estate (next to Sainsbury's) from wheeling their shopping home and then leaving the trolly in the street. I quite often used to see 3 or 4 trollies in the road making the area start to look pretty horrible. If the residents that did this took their trollies back then I'm sure we wouldn't have to rent a trolly to shop.

Shaw74 Wrote:

> I might be going against the grain here on the

> issue of charging for a trolley, but I thought it

> was a good idea,

and it's not really even 'charging' as you get your money back at the end (don't you?)

i read some of the posts on here and it's like people think that sainsburys is a public service!

Erm, perennial problem I know, but the disabled spaces near the store entrance should be for blue badge holders, not for people in a hurry/can't be arsed to walk far. I've never seen even a token effort to enforce this despite some threatening signs.

Perhaps they could 'name and shame' the top offenders in popular local online forum? Or maybe fine people who park in those spaces when they shouldn't, and use the money raised to subsidise a product a month as voted for by the punters. "This month raspberries are 10p - thanks to the anti-social gits who've been parking in the disabled spaces" - and the packs could have mugshots of the offenders on them? Can you suggest this ideas to him?

Other than that, have always found the staff very helpful there.

That's funny, because they do try to enforce the 'parental parking only' spaces.

I know this because they once tried to fine me and Mr. Moos for using a parents' space on the grounds that we had no child seat in our car.

Do you mean they tried to fine you for having a car in the baby car parking area, simply because it did not have a baby seat in the car? Should they not have waited for you to come back to the car sans baby before fining you. God I hate these car parking fascists.

When is Unkle's meeting at Sainsbury's?

Edited to say: Sorry just seen day in post above.

Clearly this isn't restricted to DKH Sainsbury's, but I'd like to know why Sainsbos have stopped doing their own label Chai and also their own label Assam tea, both of which used to be staples of mine.

And I have a vague memory that they used to have own label Decaf tea and don't know.

Also why have the cheapo tinned chopped tomatoes for mean/skint customers just about quadrupled in price??

:-$

PeckhamRose Wrote:

> Do you mean they tried to fine you for having a car in the baby car parking area, simply because it did not have a baby seat in the car? Should they not have waited for you to come back to the car sans baby before fining you. God I hate these

car parking fascists.

Yes, they did try to fine us as you said, but they were perfectly pleasant about it when we showed them the baby as evidence ('Exhibit A - male infant - slightly smelly'). I agree it's a silly way of enforcing the policy, and said so at the time.

Sue Wrote:

> I'd like to know why Sainsbos have stopped

> doing their own label Chai and also their own

> label Assam tea, both of which used to be staples

> of mine.

>

> And I have a vague memory that they used to have

> own label Decaf tea and don't know.

>

> Also why have the cheapo tinned chopped tomatoes

> for mean/skint customers just about quadrupled in

> price??

>

i reckon that the answer to all the above is that they decided that the items were profitable enough

That is new....when I complained to Cust Svs about them not enforcing the parent and child parking they said they had stopped enforcing it as one of their staff had been physically threatened with some weapon when they had suggested a childless person remove their car!!! And whilst it is actually illegal to park in a disabled space (they can clamp and fine there) it is only as a gesture of goodwill that they mark the child bays and actually anyone can really park there so they would have been breaking the law had they fined you!!

Actually surely in a way Sainsbury's is a public service... one which we pay for and which we have the right to complain about if the service isn't great in any way. Surely they would be happy to know our gripes to ensure in these credit stricken times that they retain our custom. and keep them making money!

SimonM Wrote:

> Alas it is not illegal for a non-badge holder to

> park in a Sainsbury's disabled space, as it is on

> private land.....

You're right SimonM, it's not illegal, however many carparks are now controlled by enforcement companies who act on behalf of the estate company and therefore fine customers who breach parking regulations. This happened to me at a B&Q!

Happened to me at B&Q too, I parked where I should not have, aparently (no, not in a child space or disabled space, but in a quiet dead corner, my motorcycle, as they did not have designated motorcycle parking bays). I refused to pay and they set the bailiffs on me and I still refused to pay and the bailiff accepted my legal template letter and have not paid to this day. There are on line customer / consumer rights websites run by people who know their facts, which are very very helpful!

Read this with interest as I do a lot of my shopping in Dog Kennel Hill Sainsburys. I've always found the staff to be polite and friendly. But if OP is meeting with them - a minor point, I know - could you ask them why they are often out of stock of Total Greek yoghurt, soya milk (as someone else said) and tofu.

Feel a bit foolish, but you did ask for issues... I would second what other people have said about getting overcharged on BOGOF and buy one get one half price. However, my Mum taught me to always check my receipt, so I do this always before leaving a shop...

Would love to go to a focus group there - anyone know of any focus groups locally? Love doing them