Life outside the Premiership

barty

david_carnell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> And he makes a living betting?!

...and you, probably consider yourself being "on the ball"..:))

p.s. I know West Ham fans like ???????? are a bit slow and he has dragged Anna down as well but I thought that Leeds fans were sharp as that nice Allan Clarke used to be...B)

david_carnell Wrote:

> And he makes a living betting?!

If only you had waited 2 or 3 minutes you could have avoided making that little dig and made YOURSELF look silly as you either misinttepreted what I wrote or can't do the "math" like barty....but you just couldn't resist getting a little "pop" in...sigh..:-$

barty Wrote:

The game's up. What can I say, I was born in Acton!

1964/65 QPR V MILLWALL--Rodneeeee Marsh, The Morgan Twins, Millwall taking over both ends of The Terraces and singing "Bollix To Rangers" throughout the game, especially, as per usual away, we lost 3/1.

I have to say I don't remember seeing you there barty...B)

Following year Rangers Won 6/1 and the Millwall Fans staged a sit-in protest on the pitch DURING the game...

Memories ...:))

Tony.London Suburbs Wrote:

david c...I propose we form an unholy alliance to keep the Non-Prem Flag flying high! This thread should be prominent at all times, and retain an ascendency over those glory-hunters on the Prem Thread... Give me a Norman Hunter over a Glory Hunter every What say thee, dear friend...:)-D

I'll take that aas a "No!" then..Game On!

Fair enough I suppose...but I still think watching Rodney win the League Cup Final for them was a bit special! :))

On another subject: Ken Bates (for it is he) says Leeds have had no firm offer for Beckford. So how many have they really had? They'll not get a penny for him in 12 months...

SimonM Wrote:

Fair enough I suppose...but I still think watching Rodney win the League Cup Final for them was a bit special! :))

More than special as they were 2/0 down, as I recall.

Used to love popping down, spontaneously, to see QPR in the late 1960's/Early 1970's.

Rod-nee was The King and a great act, though he did not take too kindly to someone attacking him with a stick at The Old Den during a 1/1 Draw..:))

Ken Bates (for it is he) .....Lovely fella--Wanted to electrocute his own Chelsea Fans with a proposed electric wire...lol

Once bumped into some Chelsea Headhunters who broke into his mansion and poured blue dye into his private swimming pool...

Life sucks sometimes, eh Kenny...

1986. The Milk Cup.

They also topped the old First Division from the beginning of the 87-88 season until Xmas, and finished as top London club the following May. Paul Parker, David Seaman and Les Ferdinand in the team I think.

I also remember a live tv league game, Man Utd v QPR live from Old Trafford. listening to the pre-match commentary about how the R's would be luck to take anything away from the game and would be looking to put in a good performance and not worry about the result.......they were 2-0 up inside ten minutes and won 4-1!!!!

EDIT: A little Googling reveals the date to be New Years Day 1992, and that nobody has scored 4 at Old Trafford since!

10 is better than nothing...but with 24 clubs in all that means there's no guarantee every club will be shown even once...

Hope they show 1 of the Sheffield derby games though!

The rumour that Beckford is going to Sheffield United, with Billy Sharp going the other way, refuses to die....although the valuation of Billy at ?2 million in this proposed deal does not lend the tale much credibility...:))

Middlesbrough v Sheffield United live on Sky on Friday 7th August. Looks like, as last season, we play a newly-relegated team in the televised opener. Last season we lost to Brum 1-0 with a goal in the 93rd minute....a 0-0 draw would have given us the automatic promotion spot! Sky are also showing the Utd v Wendies game live in September....

Newcastle being in the first two games of the season is just the way its worked out and its down to the BBC for choosing those matches to screen first.

Personally I can't wait to see how Newcastle perform in the Championship, can they turn around their fortunes and return to the Premiership (the best league in the world) or will they slide further into the mire like others, only time will tell, but I'll be watching!!!!!!