Life outside the Premiership

barty

Norwich City in League One... oh dear

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Lisbie, on loan from us, gets two.

After the 4th goal went in, 2 budgies fans ran over to the dug out and threw their season tickets at Bryan Gunn

You know how some people say that you want your rival team to be strong, so there's real competition....that's rubbish

I'll still be laughing when Norwich are playing the Hamlet

Strong start for Cardiff racing to top of the table - as I said some time ago I expect them to get automatic promotion this season.

I have backed Cardiff Matt and also Ipswich.

I have backed Colchester too - no team that scores 7 goals can bad surely. And there is a Celtic angle with Paul Lambert (European Cup Winner with BD) as manager.

The football league is definately more interesting than the prem although man city should shake things up. My picks for the championship are the clubs that have already been there for a season or two so its Ipswich, QPR, Cardiff, Sheff U and Forest as an outsider. Div 1 its those teams with budgets so Leeds, Huddersfield, Brighton(new owner), Norwich and Southampton with Millwall, MK and Charlton also in the mix i know i have named half the division there. Div 2 Notts County and Shrewsbury again because of superior finances and after that hopefully Rotherham because they have had some tough times so deserve a bit of luck now.

Amazing that officials did not notice. Quite enjoy Mr Warnock's rants and would hate to think that we would lose them by introducing technology. Still, as the 'non goal' had the added benefit of upsetting Simon Jordan, it just goes to prove the theory about silver linings.

The Championship is never easy to call but already this season is looking even closer - so many draws, still quite a few undefeated after 3 games. Barnsley have started badly though, and so have Ipswich - which is a bit of a surprise. Sheffield United's opening day point at Middlesbrough is looking increasingly valuable!

• 1 month later...

The BBC have announced that they'll be broadcasting the Boro vs Newcastle match live. Even as a Toon fan I have to say this is a bit much, surely some other teams should be getting a bit of exposure?

Looking forward to the Ipswich game on Saturday. Hopefully Roy's boys disastrous form will continue for a bit longer. It seems they were a lot of people's tips for promotion, but it currently looks like the only way they'll be leaving the Championship this year is via trap-door (I've probably just jinxed Newcastle big time).

Disastrous start to the season for us (ITFC) and all our worst fears about Keano confirmed - baffling team selection, selling some good players and falling out with others, and no apparent ability to motivate the team - just crap like "he'll never play for me again" etc.

I certainly am Ann. It's very rare to see such cameraderie amongst fans, nice to see some black and white shirts in amongst the home support. Can't imagine that happening at too many grounds around the country.

Indded a fine tribute to a fine man. I still can't belive that he was fired from the Newcastle job. If only those running Newcastle (past and present) were a patch on the Ipswich hierarchy of old, he would surely have died with Newcastle still a Premiership force.