Are women rubbish at BBQs?

Mick Mac

I do a fantastic bbq - its in my genes as Im Australian.. The Mrs (jaws) cooks a mean one too. I find generally the men like to take over the bbq to be honest soemething to do with having tongs in their hands or something..

The prospect of fire taps into man?s prehistoric instincts, resulting in their donning of the novelty apron and reaching for the lighter fluid before cremating William Rose?s finest meat products.

Women stand aside (with one eye on the fire extinguisher)and prepare suitable accompaniments to attempt to disguise the ever familiar carbon taste.

Richard Bacon on radio 5 last night spoke to a girl who hosted a bbq as part of her hen party weekend away. They (10 girls) spent an hour getting everything prepared, marinades, salads etc. then remembered they should get the bbq going - 2 hours later (by her own admission) they actually had something to cook on, none of the group of 10 knew how to get a charcoal bbq started.

I know you can make your own sperm now, but for this you need men.

My dad is awesome at BBQ's.

Why?

Because in the commando's he was taught to light a fire Ray Mears style. That's right ladies, with wood and a piece of string!

How do ya like them apples eh?

However

There was that time when he used lighter fuel in 1997-98 and the apple tree went up in smoke.

I didn't like the taste of them apples.

Women do the hard work, men get the glory....

1. Woman goes to buthcher and buys food for bbq

2. Woman diligently prepares marinades and salads etc

3. Woman greets guests, makes sure they all have a drink and children are fed and occuppied

4. Man has a beer with male guests - he lights bbq with an appreciative audience

5. Man cremates food on bbq while talking to friends at same time

6. Woman rescues food with suitable sauces and good presentation

7. Woman sets table etc

8. Guests tuck in and congratulate man on his cooking

9. Man falls asleep on sofa, after congratulating himself on a job well done

10. Woman sees guests out and tidies and washes up.

11. Man snores

Or if you were at my house last weekend it goes something like this

1. Man gets off phone and says "don't hate me but my mums birthday BBQ is now happening here there'll be here in a couple of hours but don't worry they're going to go to Sainsburys on the way"

2. Woman says, we don't even have a BBQ.

3. Man say I'll get them to buy a couple of disposable ones

4. Woman hectically cleans while man has a fag.

63. Mans sisters do the BBQ while woman finishes off salads etc. while man has fag and alcohol.

That sounds like the kind of BBQ's I used to have when I had a husband MM. Now I can get my charcoal started with little fuss and cook some wicked food on it to boot. I must admit that the first one I did on my own, I struggled with the lighting of it but after a few tears of frustration and perseverance I'd say it was pretty good and am getting better by the chop!!

Michael, Michael, Michael!!!!

Stop It !!

You added a little "spice" with this thread and now you backtrack with your ( admittedly ralistic lol ) list of 11 points while "Women do the hard work, men get the glory.... "

Followed swiftly by :-

"After all if a man can do it, it can't be too difficult."....

Be like The Aussie Batsmen and go forward with the front foot and don't defend..B)