Foxes in East Dulwich - Are they safe?

Ted Max Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh noes, and I was so looking forward to his eight

> hour minimal set.

come to that road in forest Hill someone was moaning about next Saturday

lenk, won't assume you are a homeowner of a property bought more than five years ago, but if you are.......

I just know it has crossed your mind that the property value hikes in ED have likely tripled said property, so......

Foxton's and the city types with sprogs have actually created a healthy retirement fund for those who have been around for a while. I'm not currently a property owner, but I certainly wish I had bought a four bed terrace for ?200,000 five years ago!

I think the Barry House asylum seekers should be moved into ED Foxtons. Then they can lounge about feeding each other free grapes and having tax-payer funded group sex in full view of bob and Tiger Ranks. At the moment if you want a peek of a traumatised, lost and lonely person thousands of miles from home, you have to sneak up the alley to the side of Christchurch and peer in through the windows. And that sort of thing can so easily be misinterpreted.

jenren Wrote:

> lenk, won't assume you are a homeowner of a

> property bought more than five years ago, but if

> you are.......

>

> I just know it has crossed your mind that the

> property value hikes in ED have likely tripled

> said property, so......

>

> Foxton's and the city types with sprogs have

> actually created a healthy retirement fund for

> those who have been around for a while. I'm not

> currently a property owner, but I certainly wish I

> had bought a four bed terrace for ?200,000 five

> years ago!

The day I engage in a 'house prices' chat in the internets is well, um, a bad day.

It's not the money anyway, it's the people. they bring with them all manner of idiocy and narrow-minded values.

anyways, Foxes. Or is this the Foxton's thread.

they bring with them all manner of idiocy and narrow-minded values

Right. "They" are narrow-minded, whereas you, of course, are enlightened and broad minded. Except that you constantly judge, generalise and dismiss people on the basis of class, colour, profession, parental status or anything that makes them not exactly like you.

Do you really not see the irony in your, somewhat tired and tedious, stance?

annaj Wrote:

> they bring with them all manner of idiocy and

> narrow-minded values

>

> Right. "They" are narrow-minded, whereas you, of

> course, are enlightened and broad minded. Except

> that you constantly judge, generalise and dismiss

> people on the basis of class, colour, profession,

> parental status or anything that makes them not

> exactly like you.

>

> Do you really not see the irony in your, somewhat

> tired and tedious, stance?

what a middle-class thing to postzzz

i have four cats and up until recently we had a family of foxes coming into our garden. They were absolutely fine with my cats, in fact my cats used to play with them and chase them. I believe they only attack/kill cats if they are ill or young kittens.

My cats chase the foxes in my garden. The foxes seem terrified of the cats and won't go near them and my cats are soft little cats - not aggressive cats. The cats are certainly in charge.

I was worried at first but so far the only thing that they seem to do is steal my shoes if I leave them near the back door. They all seem to have a terrible shoe fetish.

jenren Wrote:

> a four bed terrace for ?200,000 five years ago!

Try 10 years ago...

Sorry... anyway... Michael J Fox. Terrible what happened to him. Have you seen the video of him on Youtube talking about stem cell research?

Muley Wrote:

> Foxes? Safe? Are they safe, you say? I'll tell you

> how bloody safe they are...

>

> They come round here, driving bendy buses (badly),

> they're rude, arrogant, ride their bikes on the

> pavements, carry knives and attack wheelie bins,

> wear hoodies, pick the flowers on Peckham Rye,

> play their music 'til all hours, dress up as

> clowns, take seruptitious photos of our kids in

> the park without so much as a 'do you mind', won't

> accept cheques, park in the disabled spaces in

> Sainsburys, knock on your windows at night, try to

> scam you on Lordship Lane, have swine flu, and

> park their articulated lorries on yellow lines

> outside John Allans (after crashing into the

> roundabout).

> I wouldn't be suprised if they're all asylum

> seekers who jump the queue for council housing,

> hold racist views, and only marry their own kind

> too.

>

> And they all work for Foxtons.

>

> Bastards, the lot of them!

But they do have winning smiles and, apparently, are very kind to their dear old mums!

we have four cats (dont ask it just happened) and a lot of foxes in our garden, some days we see the oldest cat lying in the sun with a fox doing the same right near her, there seems to some sort of truce going on, we have seen the cats and foxes nose to nose and having a sniff of each other. i think some young cats are at risk, but foxes seem to keep away from larger adult cats as they know they can do some damage if provoked

ps, doesn't stop the foxes leaving a steaming pile of chod outside my door in the morning though, ready for me to slip in on my way out to work, i normally walk straight into a cobweb straight after as nature has it in for me sometimes it seems.

the cat in question was "a bit of a goer" before we adopted her from a neighbor who just let her have litter after litter, to which we put a stop too (after keeping two of her last litter ourselves) she is a pedigree too so was probably quite attracted to a cocky south london fox, a bit of rough if you like, if she did have sunglasses they would have been D&G :)