Weather issues in East Dulwich - Schools, Transport...

Mark

BillyPilgrim Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My girlfriend just got on a number 12 at Peckham

> Rye that is seemingly going all the way to the

> plough. So it seems that at least some of them are

> getting past Peckham.

OK, ignore that, they kicked everyone off at the gardens.

My journey didnt seem so bad - from westminster to elephant & castle to camberwell green where most buses were terminating, instead of standing there like the many other lemons (sorry but really if you see so many people gathered at a bus stop do you really think you're going to get on the next bus that is going to come along?) I chose to walk home, yes I said walk! ::o instead of tackling Demark Hill/Dog Kennel Hill went through to peckham, up the back streets and home in about an hour and a half (taking the slipping and sliding on the main roads into consideration it's none too bad). Noticing a fair number of buses that have come down dog kennel hill all quite empty... where did all the people go?

giggirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello - I'm still at work. Hoping to leave

> shortly and get the 176 from Aldwych to ED. Do I

> stand a chance of getting home before midnight?

Can I clarify - I am not taking the number 12. I'm going to take the 176 from Aldwych to ED. Is there anyone who can give me some info on whether this route is running please.

I took the Victoria line down to Brixton, hopped on a 37 (coming every 6 minutes according to counter on stop) to North Dulwich station (which took slightly longer than usual - about 15 minutes) and walked from there up Court Lane to LL. The traffic was crawling through the village and cars on LL/South Circular were moving about 10ft every other minute if they were lucky. Saw 4 buses southbound - 2 terminating at Dulwich Library, 2 apparently going to Victoria/TCR respectively but not moving much. Didn't see any northbound buses on that stretch at all.