Weather issues in East Dulwich - Schools, Transport...

Mark

I have just heard that trains out of Victoria on the Orpington line (Herne Hill & West Dulwich) are on an hourly schedule now (my informant said 'believe that if you will' - not being at Victoria when she phoned me). I doubt as the night and the cold draws in, and the snow seems to be falling and settling more rather than less that things will improve. If you want to get back to Dulwich tonight without too much pain I would strongly urge not delaying.

I would say if you haven't left work now you should asap. It has been snowing heavily in Dulwich for a while now, and my street is very very slippery (its a hill though and not a main street). Big flakes, settling very easily, and not looking like it will stop any time soon.

Sorry for delay

London Bridge is open and Southern Metro services do have some delays and a few cancellations, this is not on the scale we are suffering on the Sussex Coast. Glad to say you can get beack to Peckham ED etc

London Bridge is actually quiet (would you believe) as I think a lot of passengers have headed home early, our opinion is that many went home around 2pm after seeing the snow continuing to fall

Not sure what else I can say at the moment however, South Eastern are running their services down from 2000hrs and their last service is 2128. My opinion is that Southern will keep going for as long as possible.

I can answer any quieries through then personal messages through my Blackberry, I really need to be out with my staff supporting them. This page on the forum will remain on and I will keep looking from time to time and update any else I have throughout the peak

Barry

Just home on the 15:33 from London Bridge. More crowded than usual but trains appear to be running fine. The most dangerous part was the steep path down from the platform. One man fell over twice so do be careful! Didn't see any buses and traffic on Grove Vale backed up to Kwik Fit with some spinning wheels.

Just got in LL now backing up and side roads getting snowfilled - unless you need to get back I'd be tempted to have a few in town and then come back later when traffic less heavy and main roads probably running better but it's a risk if the snow continues.

Lordship lane backed up northward to at least the library. Drivers now using Crystal Palsce road as detour but the junction with goodrich is treacherous and causing many drivers to slide about, thus causing further jams down CPR.

Am watching this from comfort of The Castle. My Guinness seems to taste even better on this weather

Please DO NOT attempt to use Bromar Road as an alternative to Dog Kennel Hill, cars can not get up or down and are hitting each other and skidding all over the place, my advice is, if you have to drive, stick to the main roads!